Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rear end question
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jchaussee
Member


Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Posts: 1318
Location: renton


PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Says from automatic car. Claims,only 30000 miles. beings he doesnt know if posi, I assume he disnt change gears
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems like a lie since a 4L60E car should have gotten 3.23's.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jchaussee
Member


Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Posts: 1318
Location: renton


PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya. I looked it up and read that. I jut dont think he lnows anythinh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alphius
Peanut


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 2429
Location: Grand Mound

1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4L60E car should still have gotten a Zexel though, so that's good. The only year the LS1 cars got an Auburn was '98. If it actually is from an SS it should have a posi no matter what.
_________________
84 Camaro Z28 - LS1/T56
85 Silverado - Low and Slow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
nonsensekid20
Member


Joined: 30 Sep 2010
Posts: 490


1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, to add onto this because I'm about to do the same thing, I bought the Zexel unit Andy had, and the gears. The Zexel had about 1k miles on it, and the gears only around 300. Will I still run into the problem of the run in and hear a whine if it's not set exactly right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)


Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Posts: 9191
Location: Auburn , WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a good chance yes. Used gears whine. Lots of new gears whine. Never know how bad unitl its installed.
_________________
A redline a day keeps the carbon away!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
nonsensekid20
Member


Joined: 30 Sep 2010
Posts: 490


1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have an annoying whine already. And a shop quoted me ~$500 to do the whole job. So I don't want to drop $500 and still have a whine. From the sounds of it, it's kind of inevitable though. I suppose I could drop $200 and get new 3.73's... Twisted Evil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group