| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
jchaussee Member
Joined: 14 Nov 2010 Posts: 1318 Location: renton
|
Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:15 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Says from automatic car. Claims,only 30000 miles. beings he doesnt know if posi, I assume he disnt change gears |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:56 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| This seems like a lie since a 4L60E car should have gotten 3.23's. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
jchaussee Member
Joined: 14 Nov 2010 Posts: 1318 Location: renton
|
Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:00 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Ya. I looked it up and read that. I jut dont think he lnows anythinh |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Alphius Peanut

Joined: 05 Sep 2006 Posts: 2429 Location: Grand Mound
1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
|
Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:26 pm Post subject: |
|
|
4L60E car should still have gotten a Zexel though, so that's good. The only year the LS1 cars got an Auburn was '98. If it actually is from an SS it should have a posi no matter what. _________________ 84 Camaro Z28 - LS1/T56
85 Silverado - Low and Slow |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
nonsensekid20 Member
Joined: 30 Sep 2010 Posts: 490
1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:50 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| So, to add onto this because I'm about to do the same thing, I bought the Zexel unit Andy had, and the gears. The Zexel had about 1k miles on it, and the gears only around 300. Will I still run into the problem of the run in and hear a whine if it's not set exactly right? |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Twilightoptics Hardcore (12sec Club)

Joined: 13 Jan 2004 Posts: 9191 Location: Auburn , WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:03 pm Post subject: |
|
|
There's a good chance yes. Used gears whine. Lots of new gears whine. Never know how bad unitl its installed. _________________ A redline a day keeps the carbon away! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
nonsensekid20 Member
Joined: 30 Sep 2010 Posts: 490
1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:13 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Well I have an annoying whine already. And a shop quoted me ~$500 to do the whole job. So I don't want to drop $500 and still have a whine. From the sounds of it, it's kind of inevitable though. I suppose I could drop $200 and get new 3.73's...  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|