| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
Alphius Peanut

Joined: 05 Sep 2006 Posts: 2429 Location: Grand Mound
1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
|
Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:39 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Oh. If both were unlocked and now both are locked then I think an electrical gremlin is probably more likely than my scenario. _________________ 84 Camaro Z28 - LS1/T56
85 Silverado - Low and Slow |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
flea Member

Joined: 25 Jul 2008 Posts: 1246 Location: Raymond WA
1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:34 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Finally I seem to everything sorted out. At least the things that matter most.
Engine runs and seems to run pretty well.
Transmission Transmissions.
Doors are not locking themselves all that much these days. I suspect it is water leaking in through the window seal causing hate and discontent. No rain=no lock.
Rear hatch will open, but I have little faith that it will pull down again, so I don't open it. . .can't put anything in there anyway. T-tops
Battery doesn't drain itself overnight anymore. That one was corrosion on the hatch pull down harness, the motor was running - or trying to run. Cleaned it up, and no more running, no more dead battery to start the day. _________________ Killing mailboxes since 2009 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:04 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Trouble-free transmission helps your oils flow, eh Jim?  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
flea Member

Joined: 25 Jul 2008 Posts: 1246 Location: Raymond WA
1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:07 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Uh oh. something else to check?
No I kid. I took it to Tacoma today, and it ran great. Looking forward to dyno, I am sure it needs some tuning and some little things to get it dialed in completely but it hasn't run this good in a long time. _________________ Killing mailboxes since 2009 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:27 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Tacoma? Should have stopped by. John and I were up there today.
Glad to hear you got that 700 fixed, though!  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
flea Member

Joined: 25 Jul 2008 Posts: 1246 Location: Raymond WA
1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:06 pm Post subject: |
|
|
I did think about calling, but I had the entire family, we were headed to winco. besides I couldn't find yer place without having a map printed out and blood hound. _________________ Killing mailboxes since 2009 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:38 pm Post subject: |
|
|
New place is much easier to find.
Winco is not that great of a grocery store. You sure you need to drive two hundred miles to buy our groceries up here?  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
flea Member

Joined: 25 Jul 2008 Posts: 1246 Location: Raymond WA
1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:43 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Need is such a strong word.
It was really a sorry a$$ excuse to go for a ride. Besides I had a hankerin for some famous Daves. There is a winco in lacey I think it is. So between the need for some groceries, the hunger that only BBQ can settle and the urge to drive my car. . .yup I ended up in Tacoma.
Wife took her own car though
So two hundred miles' butt, we tacked on 400 for some hamburger helper.  _________________ Killing mailboxes since 2009 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|