| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
Al Hasse Member

Joined: 19 Nov 2005 Posts: 4379 Location: Bremerton, WA
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:22 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| iansane wrote: | | I have Wednesday off and I'm probably going to spend it working on the bird or cleaning up around the house so if anyone wants to meet up at my place or hangout beforehand, let me know I'm less than 5 minutes from the rock. |
I may take you up on that, Ian. I have Wednesday off as well and may leave here early to beat the commute  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
RSFreak The other "John"

Joined: 23 Jan 2004 Posts: 2946 Location: Renton
1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:32 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Al Hasse wrote: | | iansane wrote: | | I have Wednesday off and I'm probably going to spend it working on the bird or cleaning up around the house so if anyone wants to meet up at my place or hangout beforehand, let me know I'm less than 5 minutes from the rock. |
I may take you up on that, Ian. I have Wednesday off as well and may leave here early to beat the commute  |
That sounds like a good plan. Count me in!  _________________ '86 Trans Am - 5.0L TPI - LT1 cam - 700R4 - WS6
'85 Camaro Berlinetta - IROC clone
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
RSFreak The other "John"

Joined: 23 Jan 2004 Posts: 2946 Location: Renton
1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:52 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Hey Ian, could you post your address so I can GPS it? |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
iansane Member

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 Posts: 5742 Location: Bothell
1991 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:00 pm Post subject: |
|
|
No but I can PM/text it to you. And anyone else that needs it. I'm right on the other side of 405. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
RSFreak The other "John"

Joined: 23 Jan 2004 Posts: 2946 Location: Renton
1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:05 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Good enough.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Dewey316 The Lama

Joined: 08 Jan 2004 Posts: 7295 Location: Bringing the tech
1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:08 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| I have a wacky week, I really probably won't know if I am going to make the drive up there or not, until wednesday morning. Ian, I might give you a txt for your address on Wed if I decide to drive up. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
iansane Member

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 Posts: 5742 Location: Bothell
1991 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:31 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Dewey316 wrote: | | I have a wacky week, I really probably won't know if I am going to make the drive up there or not, until wednesday morning. Ian, I might give you a txt for your address on Wed if I decide to drive up. |
Cool, cool! Obviously, if you need to crash here you're more than welcome too. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Dewey316 The Lama

Joined: 08 Jan 2004 Posts: 7295 Location: Bringing the tech
1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:23 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Looks like I'll be showing up. Luke is coming with me, so we will probably drive up and back down tomorrow. But, I'll be there to hang out for a while tomorrow evening. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Al Hasse Member

Joined: 19 Nov 2005 Posts: 4379 Location: Bremerton, WA
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:53 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| I might be quite early. I'm stopping at Stan's Headers first thing in the morning to at least get an estimate on a good Y-pipe to replace the Kitsap Muffler hack job of one I have now. If the price is reasonable, I may have it replaced. I'll be coming up right after... |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:58 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Al Hasse wrote: | | Stan's Headers ... reasonable price |
That's a real good one, Al.
In all seriousness I will try to make it up there depending on what time I get off work. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Al Hasse Member

Joined: 19 Nov 2005 Posts: 4379 Location: Bremerton, WA
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:02 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| aaron_sK wrote: | | Al Hasse wrote: | | Stan's Headers ... reasonable price |
That's a real good one, Al.
In all seriousness I will try to make it up there depending on what time I get off work. |
But the work is great. I saw some of it today. Sometimes you have to pay a bit more for quality... |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:03 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Oh I'm all about quality and I can't ding them for that, but they want bucks for their s***. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
83Z28BlackBetty Bam-Ba-Lam

Joined: 13 Mar 2006 Posts: 2083 Location: Aloha
1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
|
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:09 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Awesome! I'm exited to see all of you guys! I'll call you Ian when I'm heading over there.
-jake _________________ 1983 Z-28 5.7 LT1, T56, Headman headers, BW 9 Bolt Posi Disc, WS6 suspension
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
iansane Member

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 Posts: 5742 Location: Bothell
1991 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:19 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Al Hasse wrote: | | But the work is great. I saw some of it today. Sometimes you have to pay a bit more for quality... |
I concur. And I don't think the price is TOO outrageous for what you get. When I first got the bird I had them do me up a mandrel catback with magnaflow muffler, compression band clamp at the cat and above the axle(to ease in getting it out) and it was ~550 I believe? What's a cookie cutter catback cost? (new obviously, I know aaron you have a hard time buying things new... ) _________________
| Quote: | | Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth. |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:25 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| iansane wrote: | I know aaron you have a hard time buying things new... ) |
Haha... I am curing that with a build that requires everything to be custom built.
Like I said I'm not arguing with the quality of their work, I just found the juxtaposition in Al's post funny. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
RSFreak The other "John"

Joined: 23 Jan 2004 Posts: 2946 Location: Renton
1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:30 pm Post subject: |
|
|
We will be heading up as soon as Bridget gets home from work.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:32 pm Post subject: |
|
|
What's the start time looking like?
I can make Bothell in about an hour on the weekend. God knows how long it will be on a weekday evening.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
RSFreak The other "John"

Joined: 23 Jan 2004 Posts: 2946 Location: Renton
1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:40 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| aaron_sK wrote: | What's the start time looking like?
I can make Bothell in about an hour on the weekend. God knows how long it will be on a weekday evening.  |
It takes us 45 minutes from Renton. You must have the Secret Squirrel route!  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
iansane Member

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 Posts: 5742 Location: Bothell
1991 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:45 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Takes me ~1hr from the Parkland/512 exit with no traffic. Aaron, I'd suggest a good bit before rush hour. There are a few spots that build up, 167 in auburn, 167>405, 405 in bellevue/kirkland. Like I said, I'll be in the garage practically all day. _________________
| Quote: | | Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth. |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
RSFreak The other "John"

Joined: 23 Jan 2004 Posts: 2946 Location: Renton
1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:50 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| iansane wrote: | | Takes me ~1hr from the Parkland/512 exit with no traffic. Aaron, I'd suggest a good bit before rush hour. There are a few spots that build up, 167 in auburn, 167>405, 405 in bellevue/kirkland. Like I said, I'll be in the garage practically all day. |
As someone who drives 405 from Renton to Bellevue almost everyday, let me tell you: don't be on 405 during rush hour! However, most of the traffic will be going the other way!  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|