Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random picture
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
blue89
Member


Joined: 23 May 2006
Posts: 3482
Location: Bellingham/Eugene

1986 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your engine compartment looks a bit different than mine. Lots of little stuff are different. Whats on your wiper module?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
83Z28BlackBetty
Bam-Ba-Lam


Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Posts: 2083
Location: Aloha

1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its the stock super old azz early thirdgen style.

I really like the look of your 4th gen master cyl.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
blue89
Member


Joined: 23 May 2006
Posts: 3482
Location: Bellingham/Eugene

1986 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4th gen is an easy swap. You have to redo the rear coupler. Might as well do an adjustable prop valve while your at it. Thats also where I put my power steering resevoir!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
83Z28BlackBetty
Bam-Ba-Lam


Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Posts: 2083
Location: Aloha

1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice! I already have an adjustable rear prop valve from the disc swap i did. i just like the smaller looking reservoir. And i've got to say the engine bay looks pretty nice. not a lot of wires and random crap everywhere. Now it just needs a supercharger!

I'm pretty happy with how clean i was able to make the LT1 swap look in the end. Most LT1 swaps i've seen look pretty hacked up.

~JAKE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)


Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Posts: 9191
Location: Auburn , WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLEASE.... move your air filter......
_________________
A redline a day keeps the carbon away!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
blue89
Member


Joined: 23 May 2006
Posts: 3482
Location: Bellingham/Eugene

1986 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I did mine on the cheap with marine exhause hose and sewer pipe. Ghetto! But it was functional. I will say this from my experience with maf run deisels, keep as straight a path as possible leading up to the maf and protect the maf from rattling against things. For our application, we needed nearly 2 feet of straight pipe before the maf to help the air straighten out.
_________________
E30
86 RS - 7.4L V8 SOLD
89 RS - 3.25L V6 REMOVED
89 RS - 5.7L LT1 SOLD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
91RSVert
Member


Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 2736
Location: AR

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a very clean LT1 swap. But I agree, gotta move the filter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
83Z28BlackBetty
Bam-Ba-Lam


Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Posts: 2083
Location: Aloha

1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i plan on it. I've been more worried about getting the thing running right and working the bugs out. but now that this thing runs like a champ, i plan on fixing that soon.

~JAKE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
iansane
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 5742
Location: Bothell

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackpot. Very Happy


_________________

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'll be damned...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RSFreak
The other "John"


Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Posts: 2946
Location: Renton

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
_________________
'86 Trans Am - 5.0L TPI - LT1 cam - 700R4 - WS6
'85 Camaro Berlinetta - IROC clone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
83Z28BlackBetty
Bam-Ba-Lam


Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Posts: 2083
Location: Aloha

1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help me out here, what is jackpot? Are those turbo headers? V8 swap headers for the bimmer?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dewey316
The Lama


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 7295
Location: Bringing the tech

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They appear to have v-band flanges, so I am thinking turbo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're forward facing LQ/LS headers, Jake. That oughta tell you all you need to know. Wink

Ian who made that set? I don't recognize the design or the 'SP' tag on the pass. side.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iansane
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 5742
Location: Bothell

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they're from a company called "Spoolin' Performance". I picked them up used with supposedly under a thousand miles.

http://www.spoolinperformance.com/tubular-header-starters-p-751.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never trust any company with an apostrophe in their name. Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dewey316
The Lama


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 7295
Location: Bringing the tech

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

down and forward?!? Are you going to have to run an oil sump, or is there still a chance to gravity drain the oil straight to the oil-pan?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
83Z28BlackBetty
Bam-Ba-Lam


Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Posts: 2083
Location: Aloha

1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice! I figured thats what they were, since i thought you already had long tubes for the 5.3.

When do the rest of the parts arrive? and are you planning on running 1 or 2 hamsters?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
iansane
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 5742
Location: Bothell

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dewey316 wrote:
down and forward?!? Are you going to have to run an oil sump, or is there still a chance to gravity drain the oil straight to the oil-pan?


It "says" down and forward but it's not as down and forward as the stainless works headers. They're equal, if not a bit higher, than the exhaust ports themselves with the collectors pointed slightly up. I may swap their sides if it clears the PS pump or I can run a remote reservoir. I'm dreading dealing with the oil returns. If I have to run it to the pan I'll need to pull the motor to tap it. Sad

83Z28BlackBetty wrote:
nice! I figured thats what they were, since i thought you already had long tubes for the 5.3.

When do the rest of the parts arrive? and are you planning on running 1 or 2 hamsters?


Yeah and unfortunately my LTs are pretty beat up so I won't be able to get the kind of coin out of my current exhaust as I was hoping. Sad Sticking with one snail for now since I have it. May opt for twins later if I go 6.2 or larger. Still on the hunt for good used stuff. I'm a cheapass. Very Happy

_________________

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group