| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
blue89 Member

Joined: 23 May 2006 Posts: 3482 Location: Bellingham/Eugene
1986 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:32 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Your engine compartment looks a bit different than mine. Lots of little stuff are different. Whats on your wiper module? |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
83Z28BlackBetty Bam-Ba-Lam

Joined: 13 Mar 2006 Posts: 2083 Location: Aloha
1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
|
Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:38 pm Post subject: |
|
|
its the stock super old azz early thirdgen style.
I really like the look of your 4th gen master cyl. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
blue89 Member

Joined: 23 May 2006 Posts: 3482 Location: Bellingham/Eugene
1986 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:43 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| 4th gen is an easy swap. You have to redo the rear coupler. Might as well do an adjustable prop valve while your at it. Thats also where I put my power steering resevoir! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
83Z28BlackBetty Bam-Ba-Lam

Joined: 13 Mar 2006 Posts: 2083 Location: Aloha
1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
|
Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:50 pm Post subject: |
|
|
nice! I already have an adjustable rear prop valve from the disc swap i did. i just like the smaller looking reservoir. And i've got to say the engine bay looks pretty nice. not a lot of wires and random crap everywhere. Now it just needs a supercharger!
I'm pretty happy with how clean i was able to make the LT1 swap look in the end. Most LT1 swaps i've seen look pretty hacked up.
~JAKE |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Twilightoptics Hardcore (12sec Club)

Joined: 13 Jan 2004 Posts: 9191 Location: Auburn , WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:02 pm Post subject: |
|
|
PLEASE.... move your air filter...... _________________ A redline a day keeps the carbon away! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
blue89 Member

Joined: 23 May 2006 Posts: 3482 Location: Bellingham/Eugene
1986 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:38 am Post subject: |
|
|
I agree. I did mine on the cheap with marine exhause hose and sewer pipe. Ghetto! But it was functional. I will say this from my experience with maf run deisels, keep as straight a path as possible leading up to the maf and protect the maf from rattling against things. For our application, we needed nearly 2 feet of straight pipe before the maf to help the air straighten out. _________________ E30
86 RS - 7.4L V8 SOLD
89 RS - 3.25L V6 REMOVED
89 RS - 5.7L LT1 SOLD
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
91RSVert Member
Joined: 16 May 2007 Posts: 2736 Location: AR
1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:08 am Post subject: |
|
|
| Thats a very clean LT1 swap. But I agree, gotta move the filter. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
83Z28BlackBetty Bam-Ba-Lam

Joined: 13 Mar 2006 Posts: 2083 Location: Aloha
1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
|
Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:51 pm Post subject: |
|
|
i plan on it. I've been more worried about getting the thing running right and working the bugs out. but now that this thing runs like a champ, i plan on fixing that soon.
~JAKE |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
iansane Member

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 Posts: 5742 Location: Bothell
1991 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:10 am Post subject: |
|
|
Jackpot.
 _________________
| Quote: | | Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth. |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:14 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Well I'll be damned... |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
RSFreak The other "John"

Joined: 23 Jan 2004 Posts: 2946 Location: Renton
1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:43 pm Post subject: |
|
|
 _________________ '86 Trans Am - 5.0L TPI - LT1 cam - 700R4 - WS6
'85 Camaro Berlinetta - IROC clone
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
83Z28BlackBetty Bam-Ba-Lam

Joined: 13 Mar 2006 Posts: 2083 Location: Aloha
1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
|
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:55 am Post subject: |
|
|
| Help me out here, what is jackpot? Are those turbo headers? V8 swap headers for the bimmer? |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Dewey316 The Lama

Joined: 08 Jan 2004 Posts: 7295 Location: Bringing the tech
1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:19 am Post subject: |
|
|
| They appear to have v-band flanges, so I am thinking turbo. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:27 am Post subject: |
|
|
They're forward facing LQ/LS headers, Jake. That oughta tell you all you need to know.
Ian who made that set? I don't recognize the design or the 'SP' tag on the pass. side. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
iansane Member

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 Posts: 5742 Location: Bothell
1991 Pontiac Trans Am
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:18 am Post subject: |
|
|
Never trust any company with an apostrophe in their name.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Dewey316 The Lama

Joined: 08 Jan 2004 Posts: 7295 Location: Bringing the tech
1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:24 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| down and forward?!? Are you going to have to run an oil sump, or is there still a chance to gravity drain the oil straight to the oil-pan? |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
83Z28BlackBetty Bam-Ba-Lam

Joined: 13 Mar 2006 Posts: 2083 Location: Aloha
1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
|
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:45 pm Post subject: |
|
|
nice! I figured thats what they were, since i thought you already had long tubes for the 5.3.
When do the rest of the parts arrive? and are you planning on running 1 or 2 hamsters? |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
iansane Member

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 Posts: 5742 Location: Bothell
1991 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:10 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Dewey316 wrote: | | down and forward?!? Are you going to have to run an oil sump, or is there still a chance to gravity drain the oil straight to the oil-pan? |
It "says" down and forward but it's not as down and forward as the stainless works headers. They're equal, if not a bit higher, than the exhaust ports themselves with the collectors pointed slightly up. I may swap their sides if it clears the PS pump or I can run a remote reservoir. I'm dreading dealing with the oil returns. If I have to run it to the pan I'll need to pull the motor to tap it.
| 83Z28BlackBetty wrote: | nice! I figured thats what they were, since i thought you already had long tubes for the 5.3.
When do the rest of the parts arrive? and are you planning on running 1 or 2 hamsters? |
Yeah and unfortunately my LTs are pretty beat up so I won't be able to get the kind of coin out of my current exhaust as I was hoping. Sticking with one snail for now since I have it. May opt for twins later if I go 6.2 or larger. Still on the hunt for good used stuff. I'm a cheapass.  _________________
| Quote: | | Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth. |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|