| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
blue89 Member

Joined: 23 May 2006 Posts: 3482 Location: Bellingham/Eugene
1986 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:15 am Post subject: |
|
|
Is this going to be full of win for the both of us? I think so.
So you want a stock appearing interior and a sudo cushy ride? |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:59 am Post subject: |
|
|
| blue89 wrote: | | So you want a stock appearing interior and a sudo cushy ride? |
Not in the least!
I primarily want functionality, i.e. not needing two people to get the hood off.
I could give a crap about the interior and ride. I'm planning on a sheet metal dash, no rear seats, no center console, and a minimal amount of lightweight carpet (probably Ozite). |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
91RSVert Member
Joined: 16 May 2007 Posts: 2736 Location: AR
1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:16 am Post subject: |
|
|
I wouldnt mind more weight reduction myself, but I still want to keep it fairly comfy and stock appearing.
I'm sure youve done everything I have.....
Alumn front bumper
ac delete
some alumn engine parts
some carpet padding removal
trunk "carpet" removal
I'd like to make an alumn rear bumper
finish removing carpet padding
remake alot of the metal dash parts in fiberglass or plastic(top pad and knee panel) |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
blue89 Member

Joined: 23 May 2006 Posts: 3482 Location: Bellingham/Eugene
1986 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:08 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| aaron_sK wrote: | | I could give a crap about the interior and ride. I'm planning on a sheet metal dash, no rear seats, no center console, and a minimal amount of lightweight carpet (probably Ozite). |
YESSS!!!!!
I'll have to weight my carpet. It doesnt weigh too much. Mine has actually melted to the floor in spots cause of the exhaust. Are you making something to shroud the shifter? They stand up a bit too high without the console. Are you running auto or manual? |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:28 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Carpet weight depends on which carpet style you got (there were two or three IIRC). Also the carpet tends to hold moisture from condensation or leakage which increases the weight exponentially.
Trans is a manual; WC 4th-gen T5. I was using the stock shifter and stock rubber lower boot when the car was running but I will probably come up with something better long term. I want to do a Pro5.0 with a cut stick but money.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
blue89 Member

Joined: 23 May 2006 Posts: 3482 Location: Bellingham/Eugene
1986 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:20 am Post subject: |
|
|
My carpet is really thin with no foam or backing on it.
Making lots of mental progress. Hows yours? |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:30 pm Post subject: |
|
|
My plan is to do no work and hopefully the mechanics elves will finish it in the middle of the night.
So far they've been doing nothing.
On the bright side I'm working again so maybe some money will get thrown at it moving forward. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
91RSVert Member
Joined: 16 May 2007 Posts: 2736 Location: AR
1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:11 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Ive got the pro5.0, and hacked about 1.5" off the handle. Trust me, worth every penny over the stock shifter. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|