Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weight
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
blue89
Member


Joined: 23 May 2006
Posts: 3482
Location: Bellingham/Eugene

1986 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this going to be full of win for the both of us? I think so.

So you want a stock appearing interior and a sudo cushy ride?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue89 wrote:
So you want a stock appearing interior and a sudo cushy ride?


Not in the least! Laughing

I primarily want functionality, i.e. not needing two people to get the hood off.

I could give a crap about the interior and ride. I'm planning on a sheet metal dash, no rear seats, no center console, and a minimal amount of lightweight carpet (probably Ozite).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
91RSVert
Member


Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 2736
Location: AR

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt mind more weight reduction myself, but I still want to keep it fairly comfy and stock appearing.

I'm sure youve done everything I have.....
Alumn front bumper
ac delete
some alumn engine parts
some carpet padding removal
trunk "carpet" removal


I'd like to make an alumn rear bumper
finish removing carpet padding
remake alot of the metal dash parts in fiberglass or plastic(top pad and knee panel)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blue89
Member


Joined: 23 May 2006
Posts: 3482
Location: Bellingham/Eugene

1986 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron_sK wrote:
I could give a crap about the interior and ride. I'm planning on a sheet metal dash, no rear seats, no center console, and a minimal amount of lightweight carpet (probably Ozite).


YESSS!!!!!

I'll have to weight my carpet. It doesnt weigh too much. Mine has actually melted to the floor in spots cause of the exhaust. Are you making something to shroud the shifter? They stand up a bit too high without the console. Are you running auto or manual?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpet weight depends on which carpet style you got (there were two or three IIRC). Also the carpet tends to hold moisture from condensation or leakage which increases the weight exponentially.

Trans is a manual; WC 4th-gen T5. I was using the stock shifter and stock rubber lower boot when the car was running but I will probably come up with something better long term. I want to do a Pro5.0 with a cut stick but money. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blue89
Member


Joined: 23 May 2006
Posts: 3482
Location: Bellingham/Eugene

1986 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My carpet is really thin with no foam or backing on it.

Making lots of mental progress. Hows yours?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My plan is to do no work and hopefully the mechanics elves will finish it in the middle of the night.

So far they've been doing nothing. Sad

On the bright side I'm working again so maybe some money will get thrown at it moving forward.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
91RSVert
Member


Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 2736
Location: AR

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got the pro5.0, and hacked about 1.5" off the handle. Trust me, worth every penny over the stock shifter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group