Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why do I read TGO?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
IROCDave
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 957
Location: Snohomish WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="QwkTrip"][quote="aaron_sK"]Regardless of his sentiment towards a piece of metal he is doing all of this work to end up with a hacked-together jalopy. I mean look at this sh**:quote]

QwkTrip, I understand where your coming from. I have owned my car for 20+ years and have spent more time and money than I probably should have.
Looking at things from a different perspective, we would all be wise to just dump our old non effecient, non muscle muscle cars and either go green or go modern muscle.

Sounds like some of us are fortunate to have good to great experiences in our old ass rides during our lifetimes. We feel an obligation to the maintain and or, make it better. Some havent. Guess it comes down to perspective and neither side is right or wrong.

This is the way it has always been with guys that like to wrench. It wont change, but appreciation of each should be common.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IROCDave
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 957
Location: Snohomish WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iansane wrote:
Or say something about Dirk's wife.


Oh...that was a decade ago. I guess I'm a little late with the jokes. Move along, nothing to see here...


Yea, that site has changed dramatically over the last 18 years. I remember when they had an open forum and Dirk was just entering college.
The best kill story I have ever read was posted on that site back in the day. it was posted in the " open forum".

A kid was running a big boost Supra and mopping the floor with Texasses finest and ran his mouth about all US cars suck. He made the mistake of saying he could take any US made street car. A couple of cell phone calls later he got it handed to him by a 6 second 68 Dart with a 500+ Ci Hemi with a SC running on alchohol infront of his buddies and had to hand over a couple of grand in cash. The best part was the guy with the dart made the Supra drivers girlfreind ride with him during the race. He did this to make sure the kid came back with the cash. I am not doing the author justice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QwkTrip wrote:
On another topic, how's the job hunt? Seems you are bored.


Working this week and the next but it's kind of a messy bid so I'm not making much on it. After that who the eff knows? Shrug

IROCDave wrote:
we would all be wise to just dump our old non effecient, non muscle muscle cars and either go green or go modern muscle.


Nonsense. I would bet that if you handed any of our drunken idiot asses the price of a new Camaro in cash, told us to buy a thirdgen and build it to beat the Camaro in every way possible using only that money, we could all do it with ease.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iansane
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 5742
Location: Bothell

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron_sK wrote:
Nonsense. I would bet that if you handed any of our drunken idiot asses the price of a new Camaro in cash, told us to buy a thirdgen and build it to beat the Camaro in every way possible using only that money, we could all do it with ease.


Let me get out my JCWhitney catalog.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you have some work rolling in. Have you considered changing job field? You're a smart guy and you have a lot of choices. One thing I know for sure is that energy will never be outsourced to China. Power has to be produced locally. Jobs with power plants, dams, wind farms, & utilities can be very good. And a lot of them are in remote locations just the way you like.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jchaussee
Member


Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Posts: 1318
Location: renton


PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have a small windmill kit that guys are getting anywhere from 10 to 30 grand to install for personal use. But ya, back on topic. So fary favorite tgo thread is post pics of your v6.third gens, cause they loo k so different
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QwkTrip wrote:
Have you considered changing job field?


I have. The problem is that everyone else who does what I do is also considering it. Laughing

I do like me some remote locations. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rjmcgee
The Hammer


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 2328



PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron_sK wrote:
QwkTrip wrote:
Have you considered changing job field?


I have. The problem is that everyone else who does what I do is also considering it. Laughing

I do like me some remote locations. Very Happy



Go trucking, it's what all the cool kids are doing now. I wish I would have started sooner and seen the whole country before my son was born.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flea
Member


Joined: 25 Jul 2008
Posts: 1246
Location: Raymond WA

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjmcgee wrote:

Go trucking, it's what all the cool kids are doing now. I wish I would have started sooner and seen the whole country before my son was born.



There ya go Aaron, you can have my job. I been trying to get out of it for a while now. I even succeeded for 6 weeks until the boss called and un-laid me off. Nothing quit as depressing as getting fired from being fired.

_________________
Killing mailboxes since 2009
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Quasi-Traction
"I have petals"


Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 3873
Location: stumptown

1986 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a rant...but it hardly seems worth it.

That sucks aaron. Good luck bro.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron_sK wrote:
I do like me some remote locations. Very Happy


Dams form lakes. Lakes have parks & recreation. Many are in beautiful locations. Pay isn't the greatest but the retirement is good and you get a lot of vacation time.

http://usace.usajobs.gov/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Al Hasse
Member


Joined: 19 Nov 2005
Posts: 4379
Location: Bremerton, WA

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QwkTrip wrote:
aaron_sK wrote:
I do like me some remote locations. Very Happy


Dams form lakes. Lakes have parks & recreation. Many are in beautiful locations. Pay isn't the greatest but the retirement is good and you get a lot of vacation time.

http://usace.usajobs.gov/


Except that WA has several dams scheduled for demolition, starting with this one last Wednesday...

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/132660843.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vedjL7KqBzM&feature=related
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group