| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
IROCDave Member
Joined: 16 Jan 2010 Posts: 957 Location: Snohomish WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:43 pm Post subject: |
|
|
[quote="QwkTrip"][quote="aaron_sK"]Regardless of his sentiment towards a piece of metal he is doing all of this work to end up with a hacked-together jalopy. I mean look at this sh**:quote]
QwkTrip, I understand where your coming from. I have owned my car for 20+ years and have spent more time and money than I probably should have.
Looking at things from a different perspective, we would all be wise to just dump our old non effecient, non muscle muscle cars and either go green or go modern muscle.
Sounds like some of us are fortunate to have good to great experiences in our old ass rides during our lifetimes. We feel an obligation to the maintain and or, make it better. Some havent. Guess it comes down to perspective and neither side is right or wrong.
This is the way it has always been with guys that like to wrench. It wont change, but appreciation of each should be common..... |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
IROCDave Member
Joined: 16 Jan 2010 Posts: 957 Location: Snohomish WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:50 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| iansane wrote: | Or say something about Dirk's wife.
Oh...that was a decade ago. I guess I'm a little late with the jokes. Move along, nothing to see here... |
Yea, that site has changed dramatically over the last 18 years. I remember when they had an open forum and Dirk was just entering college.
The best kill story I have ever read was posted on that site back in the day. it was posted in the " open forum".
A kid was running a big boost Supra and mopping the floor with Texasses finest and ran his mouth about all US cars suck. He made the mistake of saying he could take any US made street car. A couple of cell phone calls later he got it handed to him by a 6 second 68 Dart with a 500+ Ci Hemi with a SC running on alchohol infront of his buddies and had to hand over a couple of grand in cash. The best part was the guy with the dart made the Supra drivers girlfreind ride with him during the race. He did this to make sure the kid came back with the cash. I am not doing the author justice. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:16 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| QwkTrip wrote: | | On another topic, how's the job hunt? Seems you are bored. |
Working this week and the next but it's kind of a messy bid so I'm not making much on it. After that who the eff knows?
| IROCDave wrote: | | we would all be wise to just dump our old non effecient, non muscle muscle cars and either go green or go modern muscle. |
Nonsense. I would bet that if you handed any of our drunken idiot asses the price of a new Camaro in cash, told us to buy a thirdgen and build it to beat the Camaro in every way possible using only that money, we could all do it with ease. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
iansane Member

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 Posts: 5742 Location: Bothell
1991 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:31 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| aaron_sK wrote: | | Nonsense. I would bet that if you handed any of our drunken idiot asses the price of a new Camaro in cash, told us to buy a thirdgen and build it to beat the Camaro in every way possible using only that money, we could all do it with ease. |
Let me get out my JCWhitney catalog. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
QwkTrip 11sec Club

Joined: 17 Feb 2004 Posts: 3942 Location: Peoria, IL
1989 Pontiac Firebird
|
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:32 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Glad to hear you have some work rolling in. Have you considered changing job field? You're a smart guy and you have a lot of choices. One thing I know for sure is that energy will never be outsourced to China. Power has to be produced locally. Jobs with power plants, dams, wind farms, & utilities can be very good. And a lot of them are in remote locations just the way you like. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
jchaussee Member
Joined: 14 Nov 2010 Posts: 1318 Location: renton
|
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:16 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| They have a small windmill kit that guys are getting anywhere from 10 to 30 grand to install for personal use. But ya, back on topic. So fary favorite tgo thread is post pics of your v6.third gens, cause they loo k so different |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:34 am Post subject: |
|
|
| QwkTrip wrote: | | Have you considered changing job field? |
I have. The problem is that everyone else who does what I do is also considering it.
I do like me some remote locations.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
rjmcgee The Hammer

Joined: 08 Jan 2004 Posts: 2328
|
Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:48 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| aaron_sK wrote: | | QwkTrip wrote: | | Have you considered changing job field? |
I have. The problem is that everyone else who does what I do is also considering it.
I do like me some remote locations.  |
Go trucking, it's what all the cool kids are doing now. I wish I would have started sooner and seen the whole country before my son was born. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
flea Member

Joined: 25 Jul 2008 Posts: 1246 Location: Raymond WA
1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:00 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| rjmcgee wrote: |
Go trucking, it's what all the cool kids are doing now. I wish I would have started sooner and seen the whole country before my son was born. |
There ya go Aaron, you can have my job. I been trying to get out of it for a while now. I even succeeded for 6 weeks until the boss called and un-laid me off. Nothing quit as depressing as getting fired from being fired. _________________ Killing mailboxes since 2009 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Quasi-Traction "I have petals"

Joined: 24 Oct 2005 Posts: 3873 Location: stumptown
1986 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta
|
Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:53 pm Post subject: |
|
|
I had a rant...but it hardly seems worth it.
That sucks aaron. Good luck bro. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
QwkTrip 11sec Club

Joined: 17 Feb 2004 Posts: 3942 Location: Peoria, IL
1989 Pontiac Firebird
|
Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:28 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| aaron_sK wrote: | I do like me some remote locations.  |
Dams form lakes. Lakes have parks & recreation. Many are in beautiful locations. Pay isn't the greatest but the retirement is good and you get a lot of vacation time.
http://usace.usajobs.gov/ |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Al Hasse Member

Joined: 19 Nov 2005 Posts: 4379 Location: Bremerton, WA
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|