| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
chevymad Master B
Joined: 11 Jan 2004 Posts: 5477
1987 Pontiac Formula
|
Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:45 am Post subject: |
|
|
| Obsolescence. Portland napa warehouse doesn't stock the alternator at all. Seattle stocks one. Portland doesn't stock the ps pump either. Again Seattle has one. The ps pressure hose. There are 3 in the country apparently. Nearest in Sacramento |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Alphius Peanut

Joined: 05 Sep 2006 Posts: 2429 Location: Grand Mound
1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
|
Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:32 pm Post subject: |
|
|
I have a thirdgen PS pressure hose I can send you for the cost of the flat rate box. Brand new. Never been used. It was for my car before I dropped the LS1 in. _________________ 84 Camaro Z28 - LS1/T56
85 Silverado - Low and Slow |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
chevymad Master B
Joined: 11 Jan 2004 Posts: 5477
1987 Pontiac Formula
|
Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:26 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Will probably be different since mine is V-belt. Have it on the way anyway. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Alphius Peanut

Joined: 05 Sep 2006 Posts: 2429 Location: Grand Mound
1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
|
Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:34 pm Post subject: |
|
|
No problem. I've been trying to get rid of some garage clutter. Mine was v-belt as well. I had the '87 multi-rib alternator and v-belt PS pump setup on my 350. Originally the setup was in an '87 Trans Am. _________________ 84 Camaro Z28 - LS1/T56
85 Silverado - Low and Slow |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
chevymad Master B
Joined: 11 Jan 2004 Posts: 5477
1987 Pontiac Formula
|
Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:42 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Ah.. so would have worked .. same set up.. Might hang on to it, looks like it's going to be rare! LOL |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
RSFreak The other "John"

Joined: 23 Jan 2004 Posts: 2946 Location: Renton
1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:17 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Alphius wrote: | | I've been trying to get rid of some garage clutter. |
I may still need that power steering pump if you still have it.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Alphius Peanut

Joined: 05 Sep 2006 Posts: 2429 Location: Grand Mound
1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
|
Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:22 pm Post subject: |
|
|
I am pretty sure I do.  _________________ 84 Camaro Z28 - LS1/T56
85 Silverado - Low and Slow |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
chevymad Master B
Joined: 11 Jan 2004 Posts: 5477
1987 Pontiac Formula
|
Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:04 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Got everything fixed up. Not crazy about the new ps pump though. The shaft has more slop in it then the original did. It was definately the pump that went out though and not the hose. Seal started leaking.
Moved the fan switch from that crazy place in the head. Put it in the thermostat housing. Figure the thermostat needs to be open before the fan comes on anyway.. now I won't be melting the wiring anymore. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|