| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
turbo_jimi Member

Joined: 23 Feb 2004 Posts: 1206 Location: Tacoma
1985 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
|
Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:09 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| RSFreak wrote: | | RK82 wrote: | | only thing I don't like is the purple |
Rattle can that sucker!  |
Purple color has decal power...5 extra horses  _________________
1985 Z28 Crate 350, Hurst T-5, 3.23s, Flowmaster Under previous set-up: 143.82 rwhp 216.98 lbs. torque @4390 rpms 3/12/11 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
rjmcgee The Hammer

Joined: 08 Jan 2004 Posts: 2328
|
Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:28 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Is the engine stock or built up? I know on mine I fixxed most of my carb issues with the ignition timing. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
RK82 Member

Joined: 27 Jul 2008 Posts: 168 Location: vancouver B.C
1982 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:54 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| rjmcgee wrote: | | Is the engine stock or built up? I know on mine I fixxed most of my carb issues with the ignition timing. |
its stock, the secondary were just opening way to early, I could get them half way open sitting in the driveway revving it, it dosen't bogg now but the idle is still kinda rich, I just have to adjust the A/F screws. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:57 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| rjmcgee wrote: | | I fixxed most of my carb issues with the ignition timing. |
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
RK82 Member

Joined: 27 Jul 2008 Posts: 168 Location: vancouver B.C
1982 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:02 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| aaron_sK wrote: | | rjmcgee wrote: | | I fixxed most of my carb issues with the ignition timing. |
 |
I wish.. all my issues don't respond at all to ignition timing |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
rjmcgee The Hammer

Joined: 08 Jan 2004 Posts: 2328
|
Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:02 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| RK82 wrote: | | aaron_sK wrote: | | rjmcgee wrote: | | I fixxed most of my carb issues with the ignition timing. |
 |
I wish.. all my issues don't respond at all to ignition timing |
Yeah, stock engine is way differant to tune driveability issues than an engine with a big cam. Stock is hard to beat the stock carb and ignition in proper working order. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
RK82 Member

Joined: 27 Jul 2008 Posts: 168 Location: vancouver B.C
1982 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:04 pm Post subject: |
|
|
wow, I never realized how big float height is on these carbs, both the primary's and secondary's where way to high, I set them so the primary's just barely dribble out the sight plug, and the secondary's so you have to give it a little shake to get fuel out the sight plug, it immediately started running better, adjusted the idle mix screws a little hopefully my issue is now fixed
this is my issue, I was leaving little black puddles everywhere I went
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|