Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Holley FTW
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
turbo_jimi
Member


Joined: 23 Feb 2004
Posts: 1206
Location: Tacoma

1985 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSFreak wrote:
RK82 wrote:
only thing I don't like is the purple


Rattle can that sucker! Very Happy


Purple color has decal power...5 extra horses Wink

_________________

1985 Z28 Crate 350, Hurst T-5, 3.23s, Flowmaster Under previous set-up: 143.82 rwhp 216.98 lbs. torque @4390 rpms 3/12/11
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
rjmcgee
The Hammer


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 2328



PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the engine stock or built up? I know on mine I fixxed most of my carb issues with the ignition timing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RK82
Member


Joined: 27 Jul 2008
Posts: 168
Location: vancouver B.C

1982 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjmcgee wrote:
Is the engine stock or built up? I know on mine I fixxed most of my carb issues with the ignition timing.


its stock, the secondary were just opening way to early, I could get them half way open sitting in the driveway revving it, it dosen't bogg now but the idle is still kinda rich, I just have to adjust the A/F screws.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjmcgee wrote:
I fixxed most of my carb issues with the ignition timing.


Yup yup
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RK82
Member


Joined: 27 Jul 2008
Posts: 168
Location: vancouver B.C

1982 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron_sK wrote:
rjmcgee wrote:
I fixxed most of my carb issues with the ignition timing.


Yup yup


I wish.. all my issues don't respond at all to ignition timing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rjmcgee
The Hammer


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 2328



PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RK82 wrote:
aaron_sK wrote:
rjmcgee wrote:
I fixxed most of my carb issues with the ignition timing.


Yup yup


I wish.. all my issues don't respond at all to ignition timing


Yeah, stock engine is way differant to tune driveability issues than an engine with a big cam. Stock is hard to beat the stock carb and ignition in proper working order.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RK82
Member


Joined: 27 Jul 2008
Posts: 168
Location: vancouver B.C

1982 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, I never realized how big float height is on these carbs, both the primary's and secondary's where way to high, I set them so the primary's just barely dribble out the sight plug, and the secondary's so you have to give it a little shake to get fuel out the sight plug, it immediately started running better, adjusted the idle mix screws a little hopefully my issue is now fixed

this is my issue, I was leaving little black puddles everywhere I went
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group