| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
BluFbdy Member
Joined: 16 Jul 2010 Posts: 915 Location: Port Orchard WA
1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:30 pm Post subject: |
|
|
I FIGURED IT OUT! My car was falling flat on its face at anything above a quarter throttle and when I drove to the VA today the car started out like crap until I hit I5 where it gets bad and all of a sudden it drove perfectly fine, I pulled my IAC out and noticed it was sticking, the pintle was turned and when I hit the bump it must have jarred it loose, so I greased the pintle and its been fine so far _________________ If you expect a kick to the balls and get a slap to the face its still a victory
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
BluFbdy Member
Joined: 16 Jul 2010 Posts: 915 Location: Port Orchard WA
1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:57 am Post subject: |
|
|
How do we verify iac operation? I just did another reset, jumped the aldl, turned on the key, let the motor run until it stopped, unplugged it, turned off the key, remove the jumper, start, adjust min air, kill it, plug in the iac, started it and I noticed the iac didn't move, I also kept it out of the tb when I jumped the aldl and I remember it popping apart the first time I did it cuz there was nothing to stop it from going out so far, so is my iac shot? _________________ If you expect a kick to the balls and get a slap to the face its still a victory
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
BigDaddyVu 12sec Club

Joined: 31 Jan 2004 Posts: 1119 Location: Spokane, Wa
1986 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
|
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:32 pm Post subject: |
|
|
you know if you put fuel cleaner in your tank it loosens the sediments in your tank and clog your fuel filter. it dosen't disappear, also stock fuel rails have a screen restrictors and injectors and screen filter inside them too many things that catches junk. _________________
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
BluFbdy Member
Joined: 16 Jul 2010 Posts: 915 Location: Port Orchard WA
1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:21 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Very true, but I don't have a rail on my tbi, and my injectors are still flowing with a nice cone pattern, spitting at idle and giving a consistent stream at WOT, rented a fuel pressure kit from autozone and iim getting 11 psi on the return line, so I know the fuel system is up to par, on the lower end of the scale but still acceptable, luke is coming out to my work tomorrow to datalog the car because I know its a sensor, just don't know what yet, if I ease into the gas its fine, punch it and it chokes like its lean, I'm betting its my map, the problem is intermittent and it did it to me today, choked out under a fast load so I popped the hood, checked it by pulling on the throttle body, chokes out, unplugged my map sensor, did the TB again and its exactly the same, normally unplugging the map would change its behavior but its the same either way, luke is just gonna back up my theory for me, and the vaccum lines going to the map are all good, no leaks _________________ If you expect a kick to the balls and get a slap to the face its still a victory
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
nonsensekid20 Member
Joined: 30 Sep 2010 Posts: 490
1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:56 am Post subject: |
|
|
Soo then what if you get premium shell?  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Twilightoptics Hardcore (12sec Club)

Joined: 13 Jan 2004 Posts: 9191 Location: Auburn , WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:58 am Post subject: |
|
|
Shell's fuel is fine.
Only get premium if your engine needs it otherwise you're wasting money and power. _________________ A redline a day keeps the carbon away! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
BluFbdy Member
Joined: 16 Jul 2010 Posts: 915 Location: Port Orchard WA
1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:26 am Post subject: |
|
|
He might lol very clean built carbed 350, and I'm assuming the shell is the only thing on fox island lol _________________ If you expect a kick to the balls and get a slap to the face its still a victory
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:59 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Rebuilt don't equal "built". Could be an 8.5:1 truck-head motor they rebuilt and slapped some chrome sh*t on. Gotta check the build sheet. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
nonsensekid20 Member
Joined: 30 Sep 2010 Posts: 490
1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:10 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Well usually anything below 92 my car runs like crap. That was by accident putting lower octane gas in my car. Kind of afraid to try it on purpose. lol |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Twilightoptics Hardcore (12sec Club)

Joined: 13 Jan 2004 Posts: 9191 Location: Auburn , WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:18 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Some can deal some can't. Alot depends on timing. And 305's in my experiance seem to be more tempermental about fuel than 350s.
My 10:1 330RWHP 350 runs great on mid-grade. _________________ A redline a day keeps the carbon away! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
chevymad Master B
Joined: 11 Jan 2004 Posts: 5477
1987 Pontiac Formula
|
Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:46 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| I burn the cheap stuff in both my 327 and 350. Run fine. But when I had my 305 it pinged on 91 and you had to pick certain stations for fuel. As Paul says, I think 305s ping alot easier then other motors. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
nonsensekid20 Member
Joined: 30 Sep 2010 Posts: 490
1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:09 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Yeah maybe I'll try the mid grade. haha. I just put 10 bucks in and got 2.222 gallons.
http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers.html
Found this site, but it seems like most gas stations are on it.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:36 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| nonsensekid20 wrote: | Found this site, but it seems like most gas stations are on it.  |
Notice a lack of Arco/Safeway/Coscto/other crap.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Al Hasse Member

Joined: 19 Nov 2005 Posts: 4379 Location: Bremerton, WA
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:45 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| aaron_sK wrote: | | nonsensekid20 wrote: | Found this site, but it seems like most gas stations are on it.  |
Notice a lack of Arco/Safeway/Coscto/other crap.  |
Arco is BP, which isn't on the list either. _________________ 92 Camaro
89 Camaro
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|