Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fuel quality in WA??
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BluFbdy
Member


Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Posts: 915
Location: Port Orchard WA

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I FIGURED IT OUT! My car was falling flat on its face at anything above a quarter throttle and when I drove to the VA today the car started out like crap until I hit I5 where it gets bad and all of a sudden it drove perfectly fine, I pulled my IAC out and noticed it was sticking, the pintle was turned and when I hit the bump it must have jarred it loose, so I greased the pintle and its been fine so far
_________________
If you expect a kick to the balls and get a slap to the face its still a victory
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BluFbdy
Member


Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Posts: 915
Location: Port Orchard WA

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do we verify iac operation? I just did another reset, jumped the aldl, turned on the key, let the motor run until it stopped, unplugged it, turned off the key, remove the jumper, start, adjust min air, kill it, plug in the iac, started it and I noticed the iac didn't move, I also kept it out of the tb when I jumped the aldl and I remember it popping apart the first time I did it cuz there was nothing to stop it from going out so far, so is my iac shot?
_________________
If you expect a kick to the balls and get a slap to the face its still a victory
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigDaddyVu
12sec Club


Joined: 31 Jan 2004
Posts: 1119
Location: Spokane, Wa

1986 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know if you put fuel cleaner in your tank it loosens the sediments in your tank and clog your fuel filter. it dosen't disappear, also stock fuel rails have a screen restrictors and injectors and screen filter inside them too many things that catches junk.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BluFbdy
Member


Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Posts: 915
Location: Port Orchard WA

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true, but I don't have a rail on my tbi, and my injectors are still flowing with a nice cone pattern, spitting at idle and giving a consistent stream at WOT, rented a fuel pressure kit from autozone and iim getting 11 psi on the return line, so I know the fuel system is up to par, on the lower end of the scale but still acceptable, luke is coming out to my work tomorrow to datalog the car because I know its a sensor, just don't know what yet, if I ease into the gas its fine, punch it and it chokes like its lean, I'm betting its my map, the problem is intermittent and it did it to me today, choked out under a fast load so I popped the hood, checked it by pulling on the throttle body, chokes out, unplugged my map sensor, did the TB again and its exactly the same, normally unplugging the map would change its behavior but its the same either way, luke is just gonna back up my theory for me, and the vaccum lines going to the map are all good, no leaks
_________________
If you expect a kick to the balls and get a slap to the face its still a victory
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nonsensekid20
Member


Joined: 30 Sep 2010
Posts: 490


1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soo then what if you get premium shell? Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)


Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Posts: 9191
Location: Auburn , WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shell's fuel is fine.

Only get premium if your engine needs it otherwise you're wasting money and power.

_________________
A redline a day keeps the carbon away!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
BluFbdy
Member


Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Posts: 915
Location: Port Orchard WA

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He might lol very clean built carbed 350, and I'm assuming the shell is the only thing on fox island lol
_________________
If you expect a kick to the balls and get a slap to the face its still a victory
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebuilt don't equal "built". Could be an 8.5:1 truck-head motor they rebuilt and slapped some chrome sh*t on. Gotta check the build sheet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nonsensekid20
Member


Joined: 30 Sep 2010
Posts: 490


1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well usually anything below 92 my car runs like crap. That was by accident putting lower octane gas in my car. Kind of afraid to try it on purpose. lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)


Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Posts: 9191
Location: Auburn , WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some can deal some can't. Alot depends on timing. And 305's in my experiance seem to be more tempermental about fuel than 350s.

My 10:1 330RWHP 350 runs great on mid-grade.

_________________
A redline a day keeps the carbon away!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
chevymad
Master B


Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Posts: 5477


1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I burn the cheap stuff in both my 327 and 350. Run fine. But when I had my 305 it pinged on 91 and you had to pick certain stations for fuel. As Paul says, I think 305s ping alot easier then other motors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
nonsensekid20
Member


Joined: 30 Sep 2010
Posts: 490


1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah maybe I'll try the mid grade. haha. I just put 10 bucks in and got 2.222 gallons. Shocked

http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers.html

Found this site, but it seems like most gas stations are on it. Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nonsensekid20 wrote:
Found this site, but it seems like most gas stations are on it. Confused


Notice a lack of Arco/Safeway/Coscto/other crap. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Al Hasse
Member


Joined: 19 Nov 2005
Posts: 4379
Location: Bremerton, WA

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron_sK wrote:
nonsensekid20 wrote:
Found this site, but it seems like most gas stations are on it. Confused


Notice a lack of Arco/Safeway/Coscto/other crap. Wink


Arco is BP, which isn't on the list either.

_________________
92 Camaro
89 Camaro
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group