| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
Dewey316 The Lama

Joined: 08 Jan 2004 Posts: 7295 Location: Bringing the tech
1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:03 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| it does seem to be sitting higher. Are you sure everything got seated properly when you put it back together? |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Twilightoptics Hardcore (12sec Club)

Joined: 13 Jan 2004 Posts: 9191 Location: Auburn , WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:29 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Springs were out too. May take a bit to settle back down. _________________ A redline a day keeps the carbon away! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
91RSVert Member
Joined: 16 May 2007 Posts: 2736 Location: AR
1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:35 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Ive watched a truck lower itself by just giving it an alignment.
Ive ordered my del-a-lums. So hopefully in a few weeks I'll have a similar setup. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
iansane Member

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 Posts: 5742 Location: Bothell
1991 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:54 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Twilightoptics wrote: | | Springs were out too. May take a bit to settle back down. |
...What? No I did the control arm bushings awhile ago. The only difference between those two pictures is about 2 weeks and 2 strut mounts.
| Dewey316 wrote: | | it does seem to be sitting higher. Are you sure everything got seated properly when you put it back together? |
Only thing I did was swap strut mounts... _________________
| Quote: | | Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth. |
Last edited by iansane on Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
iansane Member

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 Posts: 5742 Location: Bothell
1991 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:55 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| 91RSVert wrote: | Ive watched a truck lower itself by just giving it an alignment.
Ive ordered my del-a-lums. So hopefully in a few weeks I'll have a similar setup. |
You'll love the del-a-lums! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Dewey316 The Lama

Joined: 08 Jan 2004 Posts: 7295 Location: Bringing the tech
1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:55 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| iansane wrote: | | 91RSVert wrote: | Ive watched a truck lower itself by just giving it an alignment.
Ive ordered my del-a-lums. So hopefully in a few weeks I'll have a similar setup. |
You'll love the del-a-lums! |
How many years have Dan and I been telling ya'll that! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
iansane Member

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 Posts: 5742 Location: Bothell
1991 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:57 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Well I had made the presumption that poly were at least better than the rubber stockers. Not a chance. (at the time I did the polys I never even knew about delrin) |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Dewey316 The Lama

Joined: 08 Jan 2004 Posts: 7295 Location: Bringing the tech
1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:59 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Don't worry Ian, I made the same mistake, and actually haven't had mine apart to put del-a-lums on. But I got to drive Dan's car at an auto-x event after he put them on his car, and it was a night/day difference. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
RK82 Member

Joined: 27 Jul 2008 Posts: 168 Location: vancouver B.C
1982 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:58 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Dewey316 wrote: | | iansane wrote: | | 91RSVert wrote: | Ive watched a truck lower itself by just giving it an alignment.
Ive ordered my del-a-lums. So hopefully in a few weeks I'll have a similar setup. |
You'll love the del-a-lums! |
How many years have Dan and I been telling ya'll that! |
I put del-u-lums in my car few weeks ago, so far all I've noticed is more road noise and a lighter wallet |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
91RSVert Member
Joined: 16 May 2007 Posts: 2736 Location: AR
1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:58 am Post subject: |
|
|
| Dewey316 wrote: |
How many years have Dan and I been telling ya'll that! |
Actually, not very long I never knew about them when I replaced the stock bushings right after I got this car. But thats already been about 4-5 years. So its time to replace
Ian, all I can guess is that your struts are doing more work then expected. And the stock rubber mounts were deflecting that much  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
iansane Member

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 Posts: 5742 Location: Bothell
1991 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:41 pm Post subject: |
|
|
So I had new tires mounted, cruised over to a buddy's shop for an alignment. Buddy calls me out into the shop a few minutes later and shows me I'm riding directly on the bumpstops in front. Probably why things felt stiffer.
Shaved the stockers down, who knows of some aftermarket short stops?  _________________
| Quote: | | Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth. |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
iansane Member

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 Posts: 5742 Location: Bothell
1991 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:10 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| RK82 wrote: | | I put del-u-lums in my car few weeks ago, so far all I've noticed is more road noise and a lighter wallet |
Really? Maybe it was because my old poly bushings were so shot. What else is done to the suspension? |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
RK82 Member

Joined: 27 Jul 2008 Posts: 168 Location: vancouver B.C
1982 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:46 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| iansane wrote: | | RK82 wrote: | | I put del-u-lums in my car few weeks ago, so far all I've noticed is more road noise and a lighter wallet |
Really? Maybe it was because my old poly bushings were so shot. What else is done to the suspension? |
the front is completely stock except new balljoints, control arm bushings and bumpstops |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
91RSVert Member
Joined: 16 May 2007 Posts: 2736 Location: AR
1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:59 pm Post subject: |
|
|
del-a-lums have arrived.
Picked up a press over the weekend.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
iansane Member

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 Posts: 5742 Location: Bothell
1991 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:42 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| RK82 wrote: | | the front is completely stock except new balljoints, control arm bushings and bumpstops |
Maybe I'm wrong here but I'd tend to think that one solid part amongst a whole suspension of factory stuff maybe not have the same effect as the same solid set in an almost brand new solid suspension. Could be wishful thinking on my part that I wasn't wasting money though!  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
RK82 Member

Joined: 27 Jul 2008 Posts: 168 Location: vancouver B.C
1982 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:59 am Post subject: |
|
|
| iansane wrote: | | RK82 wrote: | | the front is completely stock except new balljoints, control arm bushings and bumpstops |
Maybe I'm wrong here but I'd tend to think that one solid part amongst a whole suspension of factory stuff maybe not have the same effect as the same solid set in an almost brand new solid suspension. Could be wishful thinking on my part that I wasn't wasting money though!  |
I guess I shouldn't say completely stock the tie rods, idler arm where all replaced with moog parts before I bought it, I believe the center link is still the original one but doesn't have any play in it, and its has KYB agx struts. the del-a-lum are defiantly a good product not a waste of money, plus there shiny and blue . now I can't wait for my Global West frame connectors and traclink to come in  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
91RSVert Member
Joined: 16 May 2007 Posts: 2736 Location: AR
1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:19 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Got my bushings in. On basic cornering I noticed a slight difference. I noticed it more in hard side to side transitions. I can also tell the tires are digging in a bit harder.
Anyone know what thread size the zerk fittings are? Appears to be metric. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|