Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just ordered...
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dewey316
The Lama


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 7295
Location: Bringing the tech

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it does seem to be sitting higher. Are you sure everything got seated properly when you put it back together?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)


Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Posts: 9191
Location: Auburn , WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Springs were out too. May take a bit to settle back down.
_________________
A redline a day keeps the carbon away!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
91RSVert
Member


Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 2736
Location: AR

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive watched a truck lower itself by just giving it an alignment.

Ive ordered my del-a-lums. So hopefully in a few weeks I'll have a similar setup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iansane
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 5742
Location: Bothell

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twilightoptics wrote:
Springs were out too. May take a bit to settle back down.


...What? No I did the control arm bushings awhile ago. The only difference between those two pictures is about 2 weeks and 2 strut mounts. Smile

Dewey316 wrote:
it does seem to be sitting higher. Are you sure everything got seated properly when you put it back together?


Only thing I did was swap strut mounts...

_________________

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.


Last edited by iansane on Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
iansane
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 5742
Location: Bothell

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91RSVert wrote:
Ive watched a truck lower itself by just giving it an alignment.

Ive ordered my del-a-lums. So hopefully in a few weeks I'll have a similar setup.


You'll love the del-a-lums!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Dewey316
The Lama


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 7295
Location: Bringing the tech

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iansane wrote:
91RSVert wrote:
Ive watched a truck lower itself by just giving it an alignment.

Ive ordered my del-a-lums. So hopefully in a few weeks I'll have a similar setup.


You'll love the del-a-lums!


How many years have Dan and I been telling ya'll that!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
iansane
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 5742
Location: Bothell

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Well I had made the presumption that poly were at least better than the rubber stockers. Not a chance. (at the time I did the polys I never even knew about delrin)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Dewey316
The Lama


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 7295
Location: Bringing the tech

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry Ian, I made the same mistake, and actually haven't had mine apart to put del-a-lums on. But I got to drive Dan's car at an auto-x event after he put them on his car, and it was a night/day difference.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RK82
Member


Joined: 27 Jul 2008
Posts: 168
Location: vancouver B.C

1982 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dewey316 wrote:
iansane wrote:
91RSVert wrote:
Ive watched a truck lower itself by just giving it an alignment.

Ive ordered my del-a-lums. So hopefully in a few weeks I'll have a similar setup.


You'll love the del-a-lums!


How many years have Dan and I been telling ya'll that!


I put del-u-lums in my car few weeks ago, so far all I've noticed is more road noise and a lighter wallet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
91RSVert
Member


Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 2736
Location: AR

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dewey316 wrote:

How many years have Dan and I been telling ya'll that!


Actually, not very long Laughing I never knew about them when I replaced the stock bushings right after I got this car. But thats already been about 4-5 years. So its time to replace Very Happy


Ian, all I can guess is that your struts are doing more work then expected. And the stock rubber mounts were deflecting that much Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iansane
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 5742
Location: Bothell

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I had new tires mounted, cruised over to a buddy's shop for an alignment. Buddy calls me out into the shop a few minutes later and shows me I'm riding directly on the bumpstops in front. Probably why things felt stiffer. Laughing

Shaved the stockers down, who knows of some aftermarket short stops? Smile

_________________

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
iansane
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 5742
Location: Bothell

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RK82 wrote:
I put del-u-lums in my car few weeks ago, so far all I've noticed is more road noise and a lighter wallet


Really? Maybe it was because my old poly bushings were so shot. What else is done to the suspension?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
RK82
Member


Joined: 27 Jul 2008
Posts: 168
Location: vancouver B.C

1982 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iansane wrote:
RK82 wrote:
I put del-u-lums in my car few weeks ago, so far all I've noticed is more road noise and a lighter wallet


Really? Maybe it was because my old poly bushings were so shot. What else is done to the suspension?


the front is completely stock except new balljoints, control arm bushings and bumpstops
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
91RSVert
Member


Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 2736
Location: AR

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

del-a-lums have arrived. Very Happy

Picked up a press over the weekend. Rock on!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iansane
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 5742
Location: Bothell

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RK82 wrote:
the front is completely stock except new balljoints, control arm bushings and bumpstops


Maybe I'm wrong here but I'd tend to think that one solid part amongst a whole suspension of factory stuff maybe not have the same effect as the same solid set in an almost brand new solid suspension. Could be wishful thinking on my part that I wasn't wasting money though! Very Happy Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
RK82
Member


Joined: 27 Jul 2008
Posts: 168
Location: vancouver B.C

1982 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iansane wrote:
RK82 wrote:
the front is completely stock except new balljoints, control arm bushings and bumpstops


Maybe I'm wrong here but I'd tend to think that one solid part amongst a whole suspension of factory stuff maybe not have the same effect as the same solid set in an almost brand new solid suspension. Could be wishful thinking on my part that I wasn't wasting money though! Very Happy Laughing


I guess I shouldn't say completely stock the tie rods, idler arm where all replaced with moog parts before I bought it, I believe the center link is still the original one but doesn't have any play in it, and its has KYB agx struts. the del-a-lum are defiantly a good product not a waste of money, plus there shiny and blue Laughing Burnout. now I can't wait for my Global West frame connectors and traclink to come in OOh look! OOh look!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
91RSVert
Member


Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 2736
Location: AR

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my bushings in. On basic cornering I noticed a slight difference. I noticed it more in hard side to side transitions. I can also tell the tires are digging in a bit harder.


Anyone know what thread size the zerk fittings are? Appears to be metric.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group