Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can it be? (Part 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Alphius
Peanut


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 2429
Location: Grand Mound

1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron_sK wrote:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/2550909370.html
^ Not a Berlinetta, actually runs pretty good, (a Christmas miracle!) fairly solid car, needs passenger door, needs driver fender. Has bondo in the same spot my '85Z did, but can't tell how thick. Magnet sticks to it.

*Edit: My tentative plan right now is to buy the yellow one, and sand it down. If the body is bad I'll bomb can it and put it right back on craigslist. If it's good I'll prime the bare spots and start building again.


If you could get it for $5-600, I'd say do it. At that price, you could sell the head unit for $100, bomb can it (or Maaco it) and probably get $1000-1500 if you clean it up a bit.

Keep in mind the Sport Coupe is hella light, yo. Does it have manual windows too? Also, it's more difficult to add GFX to a car like that. Also, too bad it has the optional spoiler on there. Sad

_________________
84 Camaro Z28 - LS1/T56
85 Silverado - Low and Slow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
IROCDave
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 957
Location: Snohomish WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure what exactly your looking for? Clean running car, clean roller, model specific?

If your looking for a clean roller check this out. http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/2527063670.html

Widen your search to eastern WA, Idahoe, Canadia etc. Lots of deals out there if your willing to drive / haul home.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IROCDave
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 957
Location: Snohomish WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know deep down your a vert guy...this could be a decent deal if the exchange rate is in your favor...http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/ctd/2553694438.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IROCDave
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 957
Location: Snohomish WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want some history behind it, this should float your boat. Under 5K, great price even if the dollar is sucking hind tit.
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/2530929245.html

Players challenge car for that price? great deal if it's legit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, Dave, I know you love to spend my money! Laughing

Unfortunately this is a bargain-basement junkyard build. You are correct that secretly (well not very secretly Razz) I do want a convertible. I have been very impressed with my Brother's vert for it's ability to flip down much quicker and easier than I can remove t-tops, and for the lack of buffeting you get from the wind when compared to a t-top car.

In other shocking news...I have purchased a car! Shocked

You guys will be awed by the pure genius and mythical Grecian ethos of my new purchase. Pics and info tomorrow, it's late and dark and I'm tired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iansane
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 5742
Location: Bothell

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron_sK wrote:
I do want a convertible.


Shocked

_________________

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You see Ian, I have two basic problems with a t-top car:

-It takes too long to remove or replace the roofs.
-The back hatch creates a huge vortex in the car at speed.

And I have one basic problem with hardtop cars:

-There's a stupid roof over you all the time no matter what. Rolling Eyes


The convertible solves all three of those problems, and all you have to sacrifice is all your storage space and a ton of weight. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron_sK wrote:
In other shocking news...I have purchased a car! Shocked


I want to see this!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alphius
Peanut


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 2429
Location: Grand Mound

1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron_sK wrote:
In other shocking news...I have purchased a car! Shocked


The suspense is killing me.

_________________
84 Camaro Z28 - LS1/T56
85 Silverado - Low and Slow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
iansane
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 5742
Location: Bothell

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron_sK wrote:
and all you have to sacrifice is all your storage space and a ton of weight. Laughing


I beg to differ my friend. I even think there is more storage space! The sky is the limit! I put a BBQ in my car a few weeks ago. Laughing

I think weight is a wash. Yes, their portly beasts but you're also missing the giant piece of glass over the rear end. If anything, the weight is closer to the ground and your center of gravity.

So...convertibles are awesome, end of essay. Very Happy

_________________

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group