| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
Alphius Peanut

Joined: 05 Sep 2006 Posts: 2429 Location: Grand Mound
1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
|
Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:58 am Post subject: |
|
|
| aaron_sK wrote: | http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/2550909370.html
^ Not a Berlinetta, actually runs pretty good, (a Christmas miracle!) fairly solid car, needs passenger door, needs driver fender. Has bondo in the same spot my '85Z did, but can't tell how thick. Magnet sticks to it.
*Edit: My tentative plan right now is to buy the yellow one, and sand it down. If the body is bad I'll bomb can it and put it right back on craigslist. If it's good I'll prime the bare spots and start building again. |
If you could get it for $5-600, I'd say do it. At that price, you could sell the head unit for $100, bomb can it (or Maaco it) and probably get $1000-1500 if you clean it up a bit.
Keep in mind the Sport Coupe is hella light, yo. Does it have manual windows too? Also, it's more difficult to add GFX to a car like that. Also, too bad it has the optional spoiler on there.  _________________ 84 Camaro Z28 - LS1/T56
85 Silverado - Low and Slow |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
IROCDave Member
Joined: 16 Jan 2010 Posts: 957 Location: Snohomish WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:14 am Post subject: |
|
|
I am not sure what exactly your looking for? Clean running car, clean roller, model specific?
If your looking for a clean roller check this out. http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/2527063670.html
Widen your search to eastern WA, Idahoe, Canadia etc. Lots of deals out there if your willing to drive / haul home. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
IROCDave Member
Joined: 16 Jan 2010 Posts: 957 Location: Snohomish WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:24 am Post subject: |
|
|
| You know deep down your a vert guy...this could be a decent deal if the exchange rate is in your favor...http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/ctd/2553694438.html |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
IROCDave Member
Joined: 16 Jan 2010 Posts: 957 Location: Snohomish WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:29 am Post subject: |
|
|
If you want some history behind it, this should float your boat. Under 5K, great price even if the dollar is sucking hind tit.
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/2530929245.html
Players challenge car for that price? great deal if it's legit. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:19 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Haha, Dave, I know you love to spend my money!
Unfortunately this is a bargain-basement junkyard build. You are correct that secretly (well not very secretly ) I do want a convertible. I have been very impressed with my Brother's vert for it's ability to flip down much quicker and easier than I can remove t-tops, and for the lack of buffeting you get from the wind when compared to a t-top car.
In other shocking news...I have purchased a car!
You guys will be awed by the pure genius and mythical Grecian ethos of my new purchase. Pics and info tomorrow, it's late and dark and I'm tired. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
iansane Member

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 Posts: 5742 Location: Bothell
1991 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:22 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| aaron_sK wrote: | | I do want a convertible. |
 _________________
| Quote: | | Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth. |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:28 pm Post subject: |
|
|
You see Ian, I have two basic problems with a t-top car:
-It takes too long to remove or replace the roofs.
-The back hatch creates a huge vortex in the car at speed.
And I have one basic problem with hardtop cars:
-There's a stupid roof over you all the time no matter what.
The convertible solves all three of those problems, and all you have to sacrifice is all your storage space and a ton of weight.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
QwkTrip 11sec Club

Joined: 17 Feb 2004 Posts: 3942 Location: Peoria, IL
1989 Pontiac Firebird
|
Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:30 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| aaron_sK wrote: | In other shocking news...I have purchased a car!  |
I want to see this! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Alphius Peanut

Joined: 05 Sep 2006 Posts: 2429 Location: Grand Mound
1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
|
Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:11 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| aaron_sK wrote: | In other shocking news...I have purchased a car!  |
The suspense is killing me. _________________ 84 Camaro Z28 - LS1/T56
85 Silverado - Low and Slow |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
iansane Member

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 Posts: 5742 Location: Bothell
1991 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:56 am Post subject: |
|
|
| aaron_sK wrote: | and all you have to sacrifice is all your storage space and a ton of weight.  |
I beg to differ my friend. I even think there is more storage space! The sky is the limit! I put a BBQ in my car a few weeks ago.
I think weight is a wash. Yes, their portly beasts but you're also missing the giant piece of glass over the rear end. If anything, the weight is closer to the ground and your center of gravity.
So...convertibles are awesome, end of essay.  _________________
| Quote: | | Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth. |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|