Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Okay, I give up. Where is it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't trying to dump on your profession specifically, Jon. I've been told to do work on jobsites that I felt was subpar, and I did it to make a paycheck. I also recently quit a job based on that reason alone.

I understand that you guys are trying to build as good of a project as you can while keeping costs inline. At my work we're not heavy enough to be using CAT equipment, so I have zero firsthand experience with your products.

My rant was more generally aimed at the overall shift in engineering to producing subpar product with a well-known name on it. Buy any DeWalt tools lately? Any Irwin stuff? Rolling Eyes

There has been a real push from the top down because the investors expect to see 10% annual return from every company on the planet, so everything becomes crap Chinesium, unions get marginalized, uneducated non-union Mexicans and Southerners get hired en masse, and then people wonder why we're becoming a third-world country. Meanwhile guys like you and I and Travis keep doing what the top guys say is good for business because we simply don't have a choice. We all just end up lackeys in the destruction of our own country.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lot of truth right there. It's really bad when you have to choose between work and your scruples.

Ever think about moving to the midwest? Very Happy I'm not saying everything is perfect but it sure is nice working in a place where the goal is to be the best.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if I moved to the midwest I couldn't be the 'Mountain Man' anymore and would have to become the 'Plains Man' which doesn't sound very good at all. Squint

Plus I hate rust.

And I like trees.

And good beer.

If Milwaukee's Best is truly the best they have to offer, that's just sad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dewey316
The Lama


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 7295
Location: Bringing the tech

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron_sK wrote:
would have to become the 'Plains Man' which doesn't sound very good at all. Squint


Didn't you explain to me at cows, how you were really from the plains now?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sort of am, however you can see a pretty pimpin' mountain from there.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chevymad
Master B


Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Posts: 5477


1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like looking down the barrel of a loaded rifle..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group