Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Last minute dyno mods..
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not going to do the mod to the big block we talked about?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blue89
Member


Joined: 23 May 2006
Posts: 3482
Location: Bellingham/Eugene

1986 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was gonna but until I know what I have I figured I would focus on fuel. I know my old setup was restrictive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
RSFreak
The other "John"


Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Posts: 2946
Location: Renton

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iansane wrote:
RSFreak wrote:
My car is actually running! That'll have to be enough for this year!


I believe it when I see you at dyno! Very Happy



You shall see your old engine returned to its former glory!

BTW, Gabe and I have been comparring notes, we know what you did... Wink

_________________
'86 Trans Am - 5.0L TPI - LT1 cam - 700R4 - WS6
'85 Camaro Berlinetta - IROC clone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
chevymad
Master B


Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Posts: 5477


1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My "mod" for this weekend was to replace the intank electric pump in the 87. Even though its carb'd I still get the same joy as efi LOL. Anyway, that pumps been in there for nearly 300k miles! Pump was still working but I was running out of fuel after the 1/8 on the track. I got it apart and the sock was dirty and totally sucked up like you'd vacuumed a beer can. Safe to say I think I found the culprit. Went ahead and changed the pump anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
blue89
Member


Joined: 23 May 2006
Posts: 3482
Location: Bellingham/Eugene

1986 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using a returnless setup? I have an efi pump with a Keith black regulator. Works awesome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
chevymad
Master B


Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Posts: 5477


1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is stock lg4 carb set up. It has a very small 5psi electric pump in the tank.. 3/8s line to the manual pump and a 5/16 return. I have a 120gph carter pump on the engine itself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group