| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
iansane Member

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 Posts: 5742 Location: Bothell
1991 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:15 pm Post subject: |
|
|
[triumph]For me to poop on?[/triumph] _________________
| Quote: | | Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth. |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
nonsensekid20 Member
Joined: 30 Sep 2010 Posts: 490
1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:04 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Were you at? |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:38 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| iansane wrote: | | [triumph]For me to poop on?[/triumph] |
Sure. Why not?
| nonsensekid20 wrote: | | Were you at? |
The woods. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Al Hasse Member

Joined: 19 Nov 2005 Posts: 4379 Location: Bremerton, WA
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:41 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| aaron_sK wrote: | | Hell, I got a whole spare tank here if somebody wants that. |
Hey Aaron, does it have the filler neck attached? If so, what's the condition of the flange for the cap? Mine's pretty weel shot and I can't get the cap to seal on it. _________________ 92 Camaro
89 Camaro
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:43 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Al, the tank does have the neck still on it. I don't know what condition the flange is in, but I can get some pics and send them your way. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
nonsensekid20 Member
Joined: 30 Sep 2010 Posts: 490
1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:20 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Hey. I am in the woods. Lol.
How much would it be to ship it? |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:38 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Would be easier to come out and pick it up. Graham's not that far from Gig Harbor. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
nonsensekid20 Member
Joined: 30 Sep 2010 Posts: 490
1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:16 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Alright. Sounds good.
What do I do with the return? I have it blocked off right now. (I don't have a return on my carb) |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Twilightoptics Hardcore (12sec Club)

Joined: 13 Jan 2004 Posts: 9191 Location: Auburn , WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:40 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Look at the new pickup from Aaron.
You need one Feed and one vent. The rest can be capped off. _________________ A redline a day keeps the carbon away! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
nonsensekid20 Member
Joined: 30 Sep 2010 Posts: 490
1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:45 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Alright that's how it is now.
Does that vent have to go to the charcoal canister? or can i just run a tube to the outside of the car. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Twilightoptics Hardcore (12sec Club)

Joined: 13 Jan 2004 Posts: 9191 Location: Auburn , WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:08 pm Post subject: |
|
|
The canister if it's hooked up an controlled properly.
If not, the vent lines needs a filter and to be placed where road grim/water wont get. _________________ A redline a day keeps the carbon away! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:22 pm Post subject: |
|
|
He has no ECM, so his vent can solenoid ain't doing s***. I always do the Ian fuel filter and then atmosphere dump trick. Worked for me for years.
Got a wild hare and took a few pics tonight:
Pickup (yeah my bench is a little messy ):
Somebody was asking about how to remove their front clip or something
Al, I think this is what you were on about:
Also, is this one of the much-lauded baffled tanks? I know it was an aftermarket replacement unit (much cleaner than the rest of the car, and thinner metal than the OEM tank).
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Dewey316 The Lama

Joined: 08 Jan 2004 Posts: 7295 Location: Bringing the tech
1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:27 pm Post subject: |
|
|
No, it isn't Aaron.
Here is a picture from inside mine, you can see the extra baffeling, in the back half of the tank, that yours doesn't have.
 _________________
"Ever see a Motorcycle in front of a Psychiatrists Office?" Me neither |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:32 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Ahh, I can even see the holes for the plastic speed-clips that are tapped in mine, but only used in yours.
That's actually really good news because I already put the pump in the other tank, and put it back up under the car.
BTW, why's your gas all clear? What's up with that? I don't think you're letting your car sit around in the woods long enough.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Al Hasse Member

Joined: 19 Nov 2005 Posts: 4379 Location: Bremerton, WA
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:55 pm Post subject: |
|
|
From what I can see Aaron, that flange is in better shape than mine. I might have to come out and have a look when convenient
You can kind of see in the pic where mine isn't smooth or flat across the sealing surface. It's a bit worse than the pic shows.
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|