Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crossfire hood is all fixed
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Alphius
Peanut


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 2429
Location: Grand Mound

1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

83Z28BlackBetty wrote:
I love those hoods. My favorite 3rd gen hood. I think you me and chris are the only ones who have them.

-jake


I have the steel version. Razz Does that count?

_________________
84 Camaro Z28 - LS1/T56
85 Silverado - Low and Slow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Quasi-Traction
"I have petals"


Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 3873
Location: stumptown

1986 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alphius wrote:
83Z28BlackBetty wrote:
I love those hoods. My favorite 3rd gen hood. I think you me and chris are the only ones who have them.

-jake


I have the steel version. Razz Does that count?


Yes it does.

Wasn't that an 84' only thing?

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And warranty units IIRC.

Also, I would say that it doesn't count because it weighs a basjillion pounds like every other Camaro hood. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alphius
Peanut


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 2429
Location: Grand Mound

1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quasi-Traction wrote:
Alphius wrote:
83Z28BlackBetty wrote:
I love those hoods. My favorite 3rd gen hood. I think you me and chris are the only ones who have them.

-jake


I have the steel version. Razz Does that count?


Yes it does.

Wasn't that an 84' only thing?


It was an '84 only hood, and Aaron is right that they were warranty replacement hoods for people's hoods that started to separate within the warranty period.

I also had another warranty replacement part on my car, the in-tank helper pump that cured the L69's vapor lock problem. It was definitely dealer hack-job wiring that went to that bad boy. Laughing

_________________
84 Camaro Z28 - LS1/T56
85 Silverado - Low and Slow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
RSFreak
The other "John"


Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Posts: 2946
Location: Renton

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alphius wrote:
83Z28BlackBetty wrote:
I love those hoods. My favorite 3rd gen hood. I think you me and chris are the only ones who have them.

-jake


I have the steel version. Razz Does that count?


As I recall, I only beat you to the fiberglass hood by a few days. If James hadn't hydro-locked his 4thgen at the Tumwater yard I may not have gotten it at all since we had no way to transport it. Luckily the tow truck driver let us put the hood on his flatbed! Very Happy

_________________
'86 Trans Am - 5.0L TPI - LT1 cam - 700R4 - WS6
'85 Camaro Berlinetta - IROC clone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Alphius
Peanut


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 2429
Location: Grand Mound

1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, yeah I went in and saw it, came back two days later to buy it and it was gone. Razz
_________________
84 Camaro Z28 - LS1/T56
85 Silverado - Low and Slow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
BluFbdy
Member


Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Posts: 915
Location: Port Orchard WA

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so since its been raining so much lately I just glassed in some block off plates made out of ABS, I really wish I could make this thing functional, one of my co workers suggested making a hing assembley for the lower part and putting a spring in it so while driving they'd be open and once the resistance of the wind went away they'd shut, kinda screwey to me I dunno, I was thinking of making channels for water to flow, like off to the sides? I could just punch out the plates I made ( not to much glass holding them in) and make a vent pretty much off to the sides, still functional but not raining on my dang dizzy
_________________
If you expect a kick to the balls and get a slap to the face its still a victory
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
83Z28BlackBetty
Bam-Ba-Lam


Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Posts: 2083
Location: Aloha

1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had mine rained on for like 6 years and never had a problem. Lol
-jake

_________________
1983 Z-28 5.7 LT1, T56, Headman headers, BW 9 Bolt Posi Disc, WS6 suspension
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
BluFbdy
Member


Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Posts: 915
Location: Port Orchard WA

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I thought about that but id rather not chance it lol or an unkknown vac leak lol my motor has over 200k on it with minor maintainence
_________________
If you expect a kick to the balls and get a slap to the face its still a victory
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RSFreak
The other "John"


Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Posts: 2946
Location: Renton

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a bad problem with the rain coming in 'cause on the V6 the coil is right below the right side opening! Sad
_________________
'86 Trans Am - 5.0L TPI - LT1 cam - 700R4 - WS6
'85 Camaro Berlinetta - IROC clone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group