Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New job
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
blue89
Member


Joined: 23 May 2006
Posts: 3482
Location: Bellingham/Eugene

1986 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drive 35 miles one way. Good thing the e30 gets 30 mpg.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
rjmcgee
The Hammer


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 2328



PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get around 18 mpg that is $4375 in gas for 50 weeks out of the year.


I drove 730 miles today. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
alloy
T56 Elitist


Joined: 25 Jan 2004
Posts: 1716
Location: Vancouver, WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I accepted the one in north plains today. I negotiated a 4 day work week, and full insurance after 90 days. Since I went through a temp agency to get this job usually it takes 90 days to be a direct hire, then 90 more for insurance. If this works out I might just move closer to the job.

The gal at the agency told me today they picked me out of 7 candidates to interview and they really wanted me. That felt pretty good I'll tell you.

Guess old guys can actually still get work these days Wink

_________________
Member of the "Elite T56 Club" , big brake club, and "burgundy" (not red or maroon) car owner.

www.t5cablespeedometer.com
www.t56cablespeedometer.com

Ronald Reagan: "Most of us wonder if our lives made any difference. Marines don't have that problem."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, congratulations! I know age can feel like a disadvantage when you're competing for a job, but it's really not a disadvantage at all. Can't make substitute for experience and good work history! It counts for a lot!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
alloy
T56 Elitist


Joined: 25 Jan 2004
Posts: 1716
Location: Vancouver, WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my first day is over. Wow.............I'm beat. Spent 10 hours in front of a Bridgeport mill cutting tool steel. And tomorrow will be the same.

Another day, another dollar I guess Wink

_________________
Member of the "Elite T56 Club" , big brake club, and "burgundy" (not red or maroon) car owner.

www.t5cablespeedometer.com
www.t56cablespeedometer.com

Ronald Reagan: "Most of us wonder if our lives made any difference. Marines don't have that problem."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
alloy
T56 Elitist


Joined: 25 Jan 2004
Posts: 1716
Location: Vancouver, WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well tomorrow is my Friday. Can't come too soon. They have been trying to kill me for the past 3 days. If I ever use another Bridgeport mill it will be too soon. I think it's the "try to kill the new guy and see if he can take it game"

But tomorrow I get to run machine more my style. This is a much easier job thankfully Wink


_________________
Member of the "Elite T56 Club" , big brake club, and "burgundy" (not red or maroon) car owner.

www.t5cablespeedometer.com
www.t56cablespeedometer.com

Ronald Reagan: "Most of us wonder if our lives made any difference. Marines don't have that problem."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group