Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

American Top Gear ??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dewey316
The Lama


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 7295
Location: Bringing the tech

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IROCDave wrote:
Paul Tracy would have been a better choise than Fouts.


Funny you mention that...while my roomate and I were watching it, I bet him that Paul Tracy was the Stig. With Tracy's tv show with Tanner, I wonder if they didn't rope him into the Stig role.

Although, to make the show more entertaining, I image that the Stig is Danica, and just enjoy thinking about it.

Ian--They are on the 3rd session now. If you have a R-U account, I am sure they are there, if not FinalGear will have them. Ohhh, and i Have the PDF of his book too....(i bets ya i knows where you gots it from)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)


Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Posts: 9191
Location: Auburn , WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched it last night.

Yes they were trying too hard. But all in all it wasn't that bad.

_________________
A redline a day keeps the carbon away!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
chevymad
Master B


Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Posts: 5477


1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading a thread about this on another board. Most of the people there think the hosts are too bland. Someone suggested Christopher Titus replace one of the 3. Thinking that could be interesting.. He would definatly add a bit of personality.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Quasi-Traction
"I have petals"


Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 3873
Location: stumptown

1986 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QwkTrip wrote:
It was nowhere as good as the UK version. One huge mistake is trying too hard to make it the same. They should have just made their own show.


Just watched an episode via OnDemand. Not impressed. I always liked Clarkson's dry wit. And the usage of the term "oh, Cock" from May.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody watching Sunday night? I only made it through 10 minutes of the last episode and quite watching. Not sure if I'll even bother this week or not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blue89
Member


Joined: 23 May 2006
Posts: 3482
Location: Bellingham/Eugene

1986 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched part of it. I don't mind the other guys but tanner is annoying. Even the woman the woman thinks so.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
chevymad
Master B


Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Posts: 5477


1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked last weeks much better then first episode. Guess I'll see if they continue the trend tonight.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
IROCDave
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 957
Location: Snohomish WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They need to boot Foust and the non funny, no driving skill short guy with black hair. The hillbilly can stay, just add Adam Carrola and Titus.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IROCDave
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 957
Location: Snohomish WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would Chris Titus and Adam C up against the English crew for entertainment purposes any day of the week.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dewey316
The Lama


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 7295
Location: Bringing the tech

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Tanner did a little better this week. Rutlage is the best of the group by far, which suprises me. Ferrara is just painful to watch, if they hadn't already filmed the entire season, i would say give him the boot now, and get ANYBODY else in there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)


Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Posts: 9191
Location: Auburn , WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Rutlage is terrible, annoying, and has the worst delivery of the script. The other two guys are alright.

Not sure how Ferrara got the job. Last thing I remember seeing him in was rescue me.

He did, however, drive that caddy epically in the last episode. He can stay. He's the James May in a way.

_________________
A redline a day keeps the carbon away!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rutlage seems to get all the worst scripted lines and then tops it off with terrible delivery and timing. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chevymad
Master B


Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Posts: 5477


1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still like Rutlage best. But Ferrara driving the caddy was excellent! Any time you bend a car like a banana you gotta love it. I can see where having one sortof non car guy could work. Get the inexperienced opinion, and have him do things the rest of us know not to. Laughing

One thing though, why didnt he try the last test? If the car still ran they should have tried it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Dewey316
The Lama


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 7295
Location: Bringing the tech

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chevymad wrote:
But Ferrara driving the caddy was excellent!


I agree the jump was freakin' awersome. But, the moment he opened his mouth again, it was ruined. Maybe it is just the Jwersyy accent that bothers me, I dunno.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jwersyy talk doesn't help, that's for sure. When I picked up the Camaro in Rhode Island I found out where most the obnoxious people in America live. It was mind blowing! People were yelling from the back of restaurants, "HEY!!! WHAT'S IN THIS BUGER? IT's TERRIBLE!" and it didn't even phase the staff. It was like it was a daily activity. My wife held the door for a pair of old women and they clutched their purses, stared at my wife from head to tow, and muttered, "Well I'll be F*** darn.", and walked in through the door.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dewey316
The Lama


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 7295
Location: Bringing the tech

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't seen it yet, this weeks Alaskan special, was actually very good. I think they are starting to gel a little bit. Tanner is starting to show some personality, and I actually found myself laughing at his dry delivery, when it wasn't a bad scripted joke. Same with Rutledge, he has a lot of personality, but the writers seemed to have him force him to be funny through most of the season, and had him dropping bad jokes. In this episode, it seemed a lot less scripted, and the interaction between Rutledge and Tanner was great.

Ferrara, still just bothers me, he isn't really a car guy, he isn't really funny, and I think they need a different personality for the third role. I honestly think a season 2 could be pretty entertaining, if they get 1 new presenter, and stop scripting so many bad jokes, and just let the personality's of the hosts come through.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't really been following the show after deciding that it was crap, but I watched the Alaskan special and it has gotten better.

I did get a good laugh out of their lauding the "American" Chevy (built in Canada) over the "Foreign" Toyota (built in California). Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iansane
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 5742
Location: Bothell

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned this on another board but it bothered me how quickly they abandoned the trucks. I know comparing to TGUK is a bad idea but I'm just so used to them seeing the "chase car" and running in terror. I don't even remember ever seeing the UK succumb to failure (aside from Hamsters stupid Bolivia ending) and hop in the chase vehicle. The repair work is part of the entertainment!

I did like this episode a lot more. Although pretty much every shot of Rut was him in chuck WOT through the trails leaning against the windshield.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, the show is improving. I was surprised by the abandonment of vehicles too. They didn't even make any attempt to fix them. The UK guys are very resourceful and about never give up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IROCDave
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 957
Location: Snohomish WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the tail end of the show last night and was surprised they left the Dodge on the trailside. Then I thought about it, there is no way they left it behind. It wasnt like they were driving on a goat trail, it looked like a well traveled path. Just not at the speeds they were doing. The truck had plates on it and also a vin#. The state of Alaska would be looking for some eventually if they left it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group