Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

67 Camaro update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
izcain
9sec Club

1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: 67 Camaro update Reply with quote

Well a while back I started restoring my 67 Camaro..... Since then much has happened but unfortunately not so much involving the car! I have really been trying to gear up and get rolling on it again but it has been a fight every step of the way!

It is a long story but in short....... Bodyman friend was helping......... Car was sitting in his garage for about 6-8 months without being touched.... sat for 3-6 months in my other garage as well...... Finally decided enough with this and took the trailer and picked up my car. I pushed it into the corner being totally disgusted with the whole project since it seemed that it was making things sour it was just a bare shell....... after a while of looking at it sit there I decided I would like to get back on it.

I managed to get all the sheetmetal installed and lined up and fitting pretty good. A friend came by (same friend) and started to help smooth the panels out between fenders and doors but then left halfway thru (I know I know haha!!!!) and I took over again from there. Now im having a hell of a time trying to get the final skim coat on the panels...

I did manage to get the back up lights installed but Im not sure what to do about the rain gutters since they are bad in some areas.... Anyone know a good body and fender man I could get a hold of in the west end????

I am at the point now where I am going to get it as straight as I can and primer this stupid thing..... It's really starting to get on my nerves!

1983 Z28 383 + 201ci more = New Heart for this season!
9.17 @ 148
chevysquid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't give up. I would kill to have a car like that in my garage not getting worked on!
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds so familiar.. only mine was a 64 SS velle.
izcain
9sec Club

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And how did that one end up lol?

One way o another I am forging ahead whether it is right or wrong. Not to rant but it seems like every body shop thinks that because you have a car like this you should fork out AT LEAST 10k for a paint job at bare minimum gets kinda old really

9.17 @ 148
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ended up sold, then rattle canned and resold at the swap meet without ever leaving the trailer. Think he got twice what I did too.
izcain
9sec Club

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ouch that hurts well this one has a good enough start that I think it will turn out ok. I have already spent to much to turn back now!

9.17 @ 148
305 302eater

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Zac maybe try and get a hold of Dylan AKA mrpopo. He might know someone up by you that is good at that. Or maybe someone that does body work on his dads 442's. Never know.
mrpopo573

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know where you are living now Zac, but we have a body guy who does all are prep, rust removal, and everything in between on classic car bodies. He has a mean 50's drag truck.

Howard, HMS hot rod work in the Kingston business park off of bond road. I gotta track down his number....

2000 Maxima SE 5 Speed VQ30
izcain
9sec Club

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well over the weekend I managed to get the sides smoothed out and the front nose smoothed out. I also managed to get the first coat of epoxy primer on. Going to get back to the rear deck lid and get the smoothed out and get the spoiler mount holes drilled and get a coat of epoxy primer on that backend as well. Then coat the garage in plastic and mask everything off and clean it up and get it ready to to shoot 2k high build over the whole car so I can begin the initial blocking of the whole body.

After a few blockings and coats of 2k I will take the whole car apart and shoot the shell separate along with the interior panels. That way I can begin working on the shell. I will then paint each panel separate and install after each on is painted.

I didn't go very heavy on the epoxy primer since I was mainly using it to just seal up the areas I was working on.

Going to have to wait until it get a bit warmer and get some good ventilation before laying on the BC/CC anyways

9.17 @ 148
izcain
9sec Club

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well got busy yesterday and got to work on the drip rails. They seem to be turning out ok. I got one of them ready for primer. Had to do a bunch of grinding.

Before

After

Hopefully by next weekend I will have the body back to a bare shell and the mud work will be totally done. Then I can move onto 2k high build and a whole LOT of blocking out!

9.17 @ 148
iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good man!

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: