Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New exhaust tip - on order :)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sellmanb

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: New exhaust tip - on order :) Reply with quote

Well, I went through hell and high water to find some resonating exhaust tips that I liked, finally settled with some from this site.
http://www.pacesetterexhaust.com/tips.php

They are the 3" in/ dual 3" out. They are resonating, so I am hoping that between the form of the exhaust tip, as well as the packed fiberglass, that it will quiet the buick down a bit.

I post the site above incase anyone else wants to check out resonating exhaust tips.
Xophertony
Rodeo Queen

1988 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best part is how low-key they are, without a bunch of logos and flash...

i jest, but those are awful flashy for a buick.

Sellmanb

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming (read: hoping) that the monza/pacesetter logo is just a sticker that peels off. The stock exhaust tips are like 2 1/4", dual stainless steel. The bumper has a recessed spot in it for the exhaust tips, so the only shine of the exhaust tips you'll be able to see is just barely around the corners. They "should" look close to stock.

It is alot harder to mod this buick than it was for the camaro. Not only are parts harder to find, but to keep the buick still granny-car looking and sounding you have to jump through a LOT of hoops, where-as with the camaro, louder/more modded it sounded/looked the better.
rjmcgee
The Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sellmanb wrote:

It is alot harder to mod this buick than it was for the camaro. Not only are parts harder to find, but to keep the buick still granny-car looking and sounding you have to jump through a LOT of hoops, where-as with the camaro, louder/more modded it sounded/looked the better.

Relocating the dash onto the passanger seat not an option on the Buick?

Laughing so hard it hurts
Sellmanb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjmcgee wrote:
Sellmanb wrote:

Relocating the dash onto the passanger seat not an option on the Buick?

Laughing so hard it hurts

LOL Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: