Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New guy says hi!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blue89

1986 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A better approach for rebuilding an engine is to get an additional engine that you can put on a stand and tinker with while you leave your car a runner. So many projects start by taking the engine out of a runner, and end with a wrecker call.

If you end up rebuilding a six give me a shot.
steven23

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea blue,when I get my garage all sorted out I was thinking about getting a spare motor and tranny to get myself familiar with the guts (engines I think I know the parts ok enough but I just cant wrap my head around transmissions). But I love to tinker!... Still working on that whole "patience" thing... Not as easy as it sounds though Laughing .

And Xophertony,Forza 1 was pretty cool but no match for the GT series... F2 miiiiiiggghhtt run even with GT4 IMO but I havent gotten very far in to F2. I'm a total junky for the simulation racers though.

I'll give ya a call later rjmcgee,probably after 5-6 or so tonight.

Take care everybody Smile .

blue89

1986 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed your sig. 2.3T's are pretty crazy. My dad is building an eslinger Murker Xr4Ti. Cool engines. He was running full roller 2.3 'bird on 24-28lbs boost on stock bottom end!
steven23

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it blue,I've seen these 2.3T's take insane amounts of abuse on a stock short block. Mine still has the A4LD and from what I've been told they are one of the weakest trannys Ford ever made. I baby my Tbird as well although I smacked a road sign (pass. fender) coming home from Lakeview @ about 5am crazy tired after a wild night with some old school buddies I grew up with. Otherwise fully loaded and perfect w/ 76k original w/ 3.73RE. All she needs is a better tranny...

These little 2.3 are insane! In all honesty,I was thinking about scratching the V8 till I get a job where I'm making decent money.... I'm gunna use m Tbird as my racer and modify the heckies out of it once I get a WCT5 up in there! lol. My Tbird seriously owns my Fbody to hell and back lol which is why I prefer to drive my Turbo Coupe even though it weights a lot more but those are luxury options,loaded! lol. Cant tell ya how many ricers I've smoked in my fat blue bird... Yet I was beatin by a modified AWD turbo lazer(his was a newer junky chrysler,not like my old dodge '85 turbo Z which I miss badly(R.I.P my ol' 2.2T). My Gbody was SOOO easy to work on...

Gotta love cars! I know I do! lol.

steven23

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow is all I can say.... Earlier tonight I met up with rjmcgee (and the very nice young lady whos name escapes me Embarassed ,I'm sorry as I'm bad with names). But these folks are my kinda people! Tonight was an awesome experience and rjmcgee,I thank you very,very much for taking me on a cruise in that sweet Z28 you got! That is honestly the fastest car I've ever been in and like I said,holy **** that got me excited! I want one so bad! lol . Never really experienced a V8.... Not like that anyways lol.

I didnt wanna hang out to long and wear out my welcome ya know,but dude I coulda spent all night hanging out with you two's askin questions and stuff lol! Laughing Laughing .

I would say I wish my lil' Fbody could do that but I think I'll spend whatever it takes to keep her in good condition and pick up the V8. To heck with the turbo coupe... I'll give it to my mother or something but I've never been more excited to get a V8 (now preferably 3rd gen) than I am now Thanks to you!

Very glad I met you and I will certainly keep in touch with you if thats ok. I love this place,I seriously think we outta get a gathering down here in Southern Oregon. I would love to help out in any way that I can.

Take care everybody Smile .

Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steven23 wrote:
I seriously think we outta get a gathering down here in Southern Oregon.

+1

I've said that I'll make the drive if Rod and Jenn descide to put one on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Quasi-Traction
"I have petals"

1986 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1.

There's some great highway for a cruise right along the Rogue River.

The Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you had fun Steven, you'll fit in fine around this bunch. Laughing
Xophertony
Rodeo Queen

1988 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would be SO down for a Kfalls gathering. oh and Steven, don't think you could just go out and get any z28 and have it kick as much ass as Rodney's. he is among the more elite. you will have to do some work to your engine to make yourself that fast. of course, that is the fun part Wink
STEEL

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets get it together soon, I leave for basic on the 26th :p

Ya, these guys know everything, I swear! I cant wait to build up my Camaro to the point of these guys' cars, at cows I learned what real camaros can do,

lol, next year, count me in for the burnout competitions :p

BTW, your not the only one that thought computer programming would be fun, I made it one quarter before I quit. Lol, now I am in the Army Smile

You arnt the only one!
Xophertony
Rodeo Queen

1988 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have "intro to programing" on my transcript as well. aced it, but hated it. Sad
thinking up the logic was fun, but the actual coding was a pain in the ass.
STEEL

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya!

Im in for a Oregon trip, if we can get it organized before I leave in three weeks :p
Jenn

1987 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will work on something... unfortunately Steel, it wont be before you leave. Probably sometime around Labor Day.

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenn wrote:
We will work on something... unfortunately Steel, it wont be before you leave. Probably sometime around Labor Day.
Ya, i figured, i just hope we can figure out something to do once Im back, early fall season.
steven23

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xophertony wrote:
i would be SO down for a Kfalls gathering. oh and Steven, don't think you could just go out and get any z28 and have it kick as much ass as Rodney's. he is among the more elite. you will have to do some work to your engine to make yourself that fast. of course, that is the fun part Wink

LOL! I wouldnt even attempt to race against rod's Z28 unless I had a C5/C6 Vette or something similar. Still cant forget that car! The way it pulled (or spun out through multiple gears...) ... er lets just say I got the V8 bug for sure.

Oh and I hear ya on coding. It was ok at first but good lord it gets so boring. I can do it,its just I dont want to Laughing . Takes a while to make good projects come together and I have a hard time sitting in front of my pc for that long with my busy schedule. I could probably force myself to do it if I was making what these fools that wanted to fix my car were making! lol.

Take care all!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: