| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
Dewey316 The Lama

Joined: 08 Jan 2004 Posts: 7295 Location: Bringing the tech
1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:38 am Post subject: |
|
|
Miracles do happen...I actually went and worked on the car, and look what happened....
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Twilightoptics Hardcore (12sec Club)

Joined: 13 Jan 2004 Posts: 9191 Location: Auburn , WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:32 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Damn! I though it had tenure! _________________ A redline a day keeps the carbon away! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Schultzy89GTA M.R.A. (11sec Club)

Joined: 08 Jan 2004 Posts: 4417 Location: Gresham, OR
1989 Pontiac GTA
|
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:48 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Hubba Hubba Helga!
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
jchaussee Member
Joined: 14 Nov 2010 Posts: 1318 Location: renton
|
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:18 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| So reading your comments about beamer dudes. So does a 7 series get to be in the prick club? |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:02 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Unless it's an E23 then yes.
I am looking forward to seeing the car that cannot be dynoed in person, John. How have the shakedown runs been going? |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
jchaussee Member
Joined: 14 Nov 2010 Posts: 1318 Location: renton
|
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:07 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Sweet. I,am looking at a 2000 740 for 2000. I need big for my herd of kids, but I still enjoy being a prick. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:35 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| jchaussee wrote: | | 2000 740 |
| jchaussee wrote: | | for 2000 |
You are truly a masochist, Jeremiah.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
jchaussee Member
Joined: 14 Nov 2010 Posts: 1318 Location: renton
|
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:59 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Why would you say that . Lol. It's in good shape. This kid I know is about to have it rrepoed for 1800. I told him I pay it off and kick him down 200 extra. Throw some dubs on it and ill be big pimpin. Lol |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Dewey316 The Lama

Joined: 08 Jan 2004 Posts: 7295 Location: Bringing the tech
1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:38 am Post subject: |
|
|
| aaron_sK wrote: | | John. How have the shakedown runs been going? |
Good, its running well. Needs innercooler and tuning done yet. I had some problems initially, but found I was hitting the overboost cut, so upped that, and it runs fine. It doesn't really like cold starting, but otherwise it is completely driveable.
I have to fix some wiring yet for the coolant temp guage, and either the sender unit is done, or the float is stuck for the fuel guage. Those are really the last couple little things to work out. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:07 am Post subject: |
|
|
| I forgot about that car having no factory FMIC. How much boost does it take before the inevitable hot air power losses? |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Dewey316 The Lama

Joined: 08 Jan 2004 Posts: 7295 Location: Bringing the tech
1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:12 am Post subject: |
|
|
| aaron_sK wrote: | | I forgot about that car having no factory FMIC. How much boost does it take before the inevitable hot air power losses? |
I have it running about 12psi now, runs fine, I am sure I am giving up a lot with heat from it.
It will be running around at dyno, hopefully with intercooler in, and a bit more boost and a better tune. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:16 am Post subject: |
|
|
On my intercooler-less Ford I have found severely diminishing returns above about 7psi. Anything past ten and I really start to feel it fall on it's face, then the Pyro starts to spike.
Do you think you'll be able to fit an off-the-shelf unit behind the bumper? |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Dewey316 The Lama

Joined: 08 Jan 2004 Posts: 7295 Location: Bringing the tech
1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:25 am Post subject: |
|
|
I shoudl be able to, it won't be big, but something like a 19x6x3 or 3.5 should fit.
I'll have more info next week, friend is calling in a favor of another friend, to see about getting a custom fit setup made. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
DBL_TKE Member

Joined: 28 Feb 2007 Posts: 1505 Location: Aloha, OR
1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
|
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:43 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Woah, it moves! That's awesome! _________________ Richmond 3.73 posi| 36/24 sway bars | SLP LM2 | Koni's | Ground Control 800/200 | Y2K wheels | Dyno Don headers & Y-pipe | airfoil | BBK underdrive pulleys | Raised strut mounts | Extended ball joints | LCARB'S
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
QwkTrip 11sec Club

Joined: 17 Feb 2004 Posts: 3942 Location: Peoria, IL
1989 Pontiac Firebird
|
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:52 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Dewey316 wrote: | | Miracles do happen...I actually went and worked on the car, and look what happened.... |
Why did you have it towed to a parking lot?  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|