Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GM Ramjet?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dewey316 wrote:
I wonder if it was setup with no IAC control, and if the iac passage is completly blocked and the butterfly completely closed, i could see it needing a hole that large to idle.


Possibly, but if they had done that why would they have left that chrome idle solenoid hanging off the side of the TB?

Very strange choices were made by someone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dewey316
The Lama


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 7295
Location: Bringing the tech

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron_sK wrote:
Dewey316 wrote:
I wonder if it was setup with no IAC control, and if the iac passage is completly blocked and the butterfly completely closed, i could see it needing a hole that large to idle.


Possibly, but if they had done that why would they have left that chrome idle solenoid hanging off the side of the TB?

Very strange choices were made by someone.


Maybe to keep the hole filled, but they didn't have an ECM able to control it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
iansane
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 5742
Location: Bothell

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dewey316 wrote:
Maybe to keep the hole filled, but they didn't have an ECM able to control it.


If it's an Indmar motor the ECM they use has IAC control.

_________________

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)


Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Posts: 9191
Location: Auburn , WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've drilled two holes summing close to that size in a holley. My hsr and 58mm tb I put a longer throttle stop screw in rather than drilling, but it was long.

Besides, big hole, more closed throttle body.




In fact, I bet someone ran two breathers and no pcv.

_________________
A redline a day keeps the carbon away!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
RSFreak
The other "John"


Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Posts: 2946
Location: Renton

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DBL_TKE wrote:
RSFreak wrote:
Stealth Ram is better for less money. Wink


Cost aside, how do you figure the HSR is "better?"


Conventinal wisdom from those who have tried both (I almost hate to say this, but search TGO) Rolling Eyes. The bigger plennum and longer runners would seem to be the most obvious reasons to me. The HSR also looks better, IMHO. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
DBL_TKE
Member


Joined: 28 Feb 2007
Posts: 1505
Location: Aloha, OR

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I have been searching. There wasn't too much, if any, info regarding comparisons. I still can't find anything about the plenum volume though. I have found someone who claimed to have flow tested one to 276CFM@28". And I found that the runner length is 5.75" long. And I also found this Dyno graph comparing a vortec headed TPI to a vortec/ramjet, same cam.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group