| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:06 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Yes, The 2L and 2L-T. Only sold in this country for a couple years in the mid-80's.
Very hard to find one, and very expensive when you do. I have seen people asking four to six grand just because it's perceived as some holy grail.
I've been out of ideas for a long time man, so don't feel bad.
Hell, last week I saw a BiTurbo broken down and abandoned on the side of the road up the street from work and goddamn if the wheels didn't start turning in my head.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
chevymad Master B
Joined: 11 Jan 2004 Posts: 5477
1987 Pontiac Formula
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
QwkTrip 11sec Club

Joined: 17 Feb 2004 Posts: 3942 Location: Peoria, IL
1989 Pontiac Firebird
|
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:50 am Post subject: |
|
|
| Ewwwwww!!!! Yuck! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
chevymad Master B
Joined: 11 Jan 2004 Posts: 5477
1987 Pontiac Formula
|
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:29 am Post subject: |
|
|
Well Aaron doesnt seem to mind driving fugly... after all he drives a ford... oh..
But a vw seems to meet his requirements. It will handle, ride good, is a pickup and gets good mileage. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:47 am Post subject: |
|
|
The fact that he is asking $600 for an un-titled roller that is missing glass/tailgate/ect. should clue you in to the issue with those trucks. The gassers start at three grand, the diesels start at five or six grand.
I'd have to get 50mpg for a lot of years to get my money back out of that kind of deal!  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Alphius Peanut

Joined: 05 Sep 2006 Posts: 2429 Location: Grand Mound
1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
|
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:17 am Post subject: |
|
|
| aaron_sK wrote: | With the factory injectors and no turbo it would get about that on the freeway. I am not holding out for much economy with 60# injectors.  |
With a proper tune, larger injectors won't change fuel economy at all.
And a turbo in the exhaust stream will even increase that efficiency a little bit.
You will easily see over 30mpg on the highway with that car (if you keep it out of boost). _________________ 84 Camaro Z28 - LS1/T56
85 Silverado - Low and Slow |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
chevymad Master B
Joined: 11 Jan 2004 Posts: 5477
1987 Pontiac Formula
|
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:35 pm Post subject: |
|
|
It says with title.
Also if they have that much value after this many years, it will still be worth something when you're done with it.. unlike a 3d gen. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:44 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| chevymad wrote: | | It says with title. |
Reading comprehension!
| chevymad wrote: | | it will still be worth something when you're done with it.. unlike a 3d gen. |
The thirdgen is here to race and ruin. The Mazda is here to drive and ruin. If I had things to resell them I wouldn't ever have any fun!
| Alphius wrote: | | With a proper tune, larger injectors won't change fuel economy at all. |
Even at idle? Not arguing, just asking.
| Alphius wrote: | | You will easily see over 30mpg on the highway with that car |
First off, no EGR system at all, so you're hindered by that. Also, you've known me long enough to be familiar with my "digital" driving style. I can guarantee you that our '97 wasn't getting d**k for economy any time I was driving it. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Alphius Peanut

Joined: 05 Sep 2006 Posts: 2429 Location: Grand Mound
1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
|
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:54 am Post subject: |
|
|
| aaron_sK wrote: | | chevymad wrote: | | It says with title. |
Reading comprehension!
| chevymad wrote: | | it will still be worth something when you're done with it.. unlike a 3d gen. |
The thirdgen is here to race and ruin. The Mazda is here to drive and ruin. If I had things to resell them I wouldn't ever have any fun!
| Alphius wrote: | | With a proper tune, larger injectors won't change fuel economy at all. |
Even at idle? Not arguing, just asking.
| Alphius wrote: | | You will easily see over 30mpg on the highway with that car |
First off, no EGR system at all, so you're hindered by that. Also, you've known me long enough to be familiar with my "digital" driving style. I can guarantee you that our '97 wasn't getting d**k for economy any time I was driving it. |
Yeah, Aaron likes to ruin things, I don't think I've ever seen him consider resale value unless it's a fix-and-flip deal.
The MegaSquirt can control the injectors down to .01mS. It will be able to idle just fine. You wouldn't have any problems with fuel economy or idling pulsewidth even with 100lb injectors.
The '97 Camaro got 29 when I drove it to Chehalis. I'm pretty sure it got like 23 when you drove it to Lake Stevens. That's with a narrowband O2, we can target slightly leaner than 14.7 with the wideband under cruise and get even better economy. Plus your car will be way lighter than that convertible pig and not have a 4L60E. _________________ 84 Camaro Z28 - LS1/T56
85 Silverado - Low and Slow |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|