| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
chevymad Master B
Joined: 11 Jan 2004 Posts: 5477
1987 Pontiac Formula
|
Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:03 pm Post subject: |
|
|
[quote="Quasi-Traction"] | Quote: |
aaron, I would think even with a fairly mild 400sbc, he'd be pretty okay with the #25 or even #28 squirters. |
Lol.. I just had to step up to a 42 and a hollow screw on my poncho 400 to get rid of the bog. New single plane intake really wanted some squirt. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
fiveoformula Member

Joined: 08 Aug 2007 Posts: 1799 Location: OR
1988 Pontiac Formula
|
Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:28 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Hmmm this pop was when it was pretty warm. After I had been messing with it for a while. I pulled the front bowl off earlier today and to my surprise, the power valve looks fine, put it back together and couldn't get the truck to run. Pulled both side screws to see if some fuel would trickle out like yesterday and there's nothing. It dawned on me I could be out of fuel but it does still squirt fuel in when I work the throttle. Obviosly I'm no expert here... hey chris if you did wanna come over and play around with it some time that would be cool. The best advise my other friends give me is "just get an edelbrock on there"... lol |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:44 pm Post subject: |
|
|
The problem with an Edelbrock carb is that there is no hope.
Holleys run like sh*t till you get them dial in. Edelbrocks run like sh*t till you throw them in the scrap pile and install something better.
If the shooters work but the bowl sights are dry then you have a fuel delivery problem. The shooters operate off of their own little reservoir on the bottom of the primary bowl.
Does the carb have a secondary PV that could be blown? If so plug it and up the secondary jets. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
fiveoformula Member

Joined: 08 Aug 2007 Posts: 1799 Location: OR
1988 Pontiac Formula
|
Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:46 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| The model carb I have only has the one primary PV. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|