Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2nd gen parts nirvana :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DBL_TKE
Member


Joined: 28 Feb 2007
Posts: 1505
Location: Aloha, OR

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you get some U-bolts for those traction bars if you want them to be NHRA legal. Razz
_________________
Richmond 3.73 posi| 36/24 sway bars | SLP LM2 | Koni's | Ground Control 800/200 | Y2K wheels | Dyno Don headers & Y-pipe | airfoil | BBK underdrive pulleys | Raised strut mounts | Extended ball joints | LCARB'S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
chevymad
Master B


Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Posts: 5477


1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They dont like one Ubolt and 2 Tbolts per side eh? Laughing Might be awhile before I need to worry bout it. So far the car's still slow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
chevymad
Master B


Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Posts: 5477


1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I gave it an eyeball alignment and took it out for a test run a bit ago. Fun fun! Very Happy

Bog is still there.. short of tightening down the secondary flap or replacing the pulloff.. not sure what else to do, so off it comes and on goes the holley.

Liftbars work like I thought.. no lean at all, no need for a sway bar. Really upped the spring rate too working with only half a leaf now. Can you say "drift car" ? Laughing

Brakes, only was able to break them in. Havent had time yet to give them a test. That and the pavements wet and slippery at the moment. But they feel real good.

Speaking about wet pavement.. 2nd gear sideways at 50mph after the carb quit bogging can create a bit of pucker factor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
chevymad
Master B


Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Posts: 5477


1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So i've got the holley installed. Needs some tuning yet. This carb seems lean as well. Hope I'm not fighting another issue.

Also did a couple of more cosmetic things. Now that the holley is on I'm able to use the K&N style air filter. Things just been sitting around and the lid allready rusted up. So I powder coated it. Was supposed to match the intake, but instead it came out rough surface like the valve covers. Looks good though. Smile





I've also had my Summit gauge trio stuffed in the map pocket of my console. There was no real way to actually fasten it down and if I ever got a firebird console instead of this camaro one they wouldnt fit. So I was eyeballing the a/c vents on my dashboard. They arent hooked up to anything and appeared to be the correct size.. Turns out, they fit perfect! Very Happy Too bad there was only 2 of them. I ended up drilling a 3d hole for the voltmeter. I think it looks pretty good.





Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group