| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
Al Hasse Member

Joined: 19 Nov 2005 Posts: 4379 Location: Bremerton, WA
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:52 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| aaron_sK wrote: | | Al Hasse wrote: | | routing may be a challenge with the size of the connectors. |
Start at the sensor and fish it back up. Way easier than trying to fit the huge flip-lock connector through. |
I already thought of that  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Al Hasse Member

Joined: 19 Nov 2005 Posts: 4379 Location: Bremerton, WA
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:30 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| For those running AEM, out of curiosity, where did you tap power and ground? I already have an idea where to run gauge power (which also powers the sender). Wherever I attach the ground will also serve as the ADC channel ground for the ECM. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Al Hasse Member

Joined: 19 Nov 2005 Posts: 4379 Location: Bremerton, WA
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:29 pm Post subject: |
|
|
It went in pretty straight-forward with little to no difficulties. Ignition power and ground was all I needed to find and AEM only requires a "good" power ground.
The harness on the sensor had this nice push-in type connector, like trim panels have, that fit nicely into one of the holes in the sub-frame (I want to call it a drain hole, though on the side). It made dressing the harness really easy. I put the gauge harness through the floorboard on the passenger side of the transmission tunnel and used a grommet and silicone to hold it in place, only about 6" is exposed.
Sensor connector..
Harness attached to sub-frame
Finished except for a zip-tie through the sub-frame and pulling up the slack in the harness.
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|