Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Out with the diesel and in with the EcoBoost
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron_sK wrote:
Is that telling me to mind my business


Yes, banana boy. Razz

Have you considered buying a house instead of renting? Even if you lose money on the house it's still okay as long as you don't lose more than the money you lose renting. Home loan interest rates are incredibly low right now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have. My issue is that I am self-employed in a business that is statistically declining. Now I'm not necessarily hurting for jobs or for money, but the banks tend to go running when they see those three words.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried doing it through an underwriter? They bypass the standard application process and take special consideration to your situation. I have a friend that never got credit until he bought a house. Had to use an underwriter because he had no credit history and didn't quality for normal loan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IROCDave
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 957
Location: Snohomish WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting debate going on here with the gasoline turbo versus diesel. From a historical standpoint, I cant see the gasser holding up as well after 100K miles, but from an initial cost and service life perspective I can see the benifits. Keep us informed on the service / issues with the Eco Boost.

The Eco Boost is a bandaid for what should be offered by the big 2.5 in trucks. A small displacement turbo diesel, AKA baby Max. To bad the fed decided to eliminate diesels in light duty trucks...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really irrelevant if my Superduty is the most reliable truck on the road (even more reliable than Aaron's truck Razz ) because it doesn't fit my lifestyle any more. It was a very smart purchase 5 years ago and the value today is very close to what I paid so it's a good time to sell. And I don't really care how many more miles I could get off the truck because I'm not interested in driving something until it falls apart. Screw that, because I can afford to drive whatever I want. Thumbs up

The F150 fits my lifestyle perfectly. Crew cab, smooth ride, high level of comfort for long drives, quiet and peaceful. This is my daily driver but on rare occasions I do need a truck. Not an F650 flatbed rollback; just something to haul my car, move a couch, or get some mulch for the garden. With a tow rating exceeding 11K pounds I have more than enough capability to do whatever I want. And the coolest thing is I special ordered so it is mine. Nobody else test drove it, abused it, or farted in it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chevymad
Master B


Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Posts: 5477


1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QwkTrip wrote:
It's really irrelevant if my Superduty is the most reliable truck on the road (even more reliable than Aaron's truck Razz ) because it doesn't fit my lifestyle any more. It was a very smart purchase 5 years ago and the value today is very close to what I paid so it's a good time to sell. And I don't really care how many more miles I could get off the truck because I'm not interested in driving something until it falls apart. Screw that, because I can afford to drive whatever I want. Thumbs up

The F150 fits my lifestyle perfectly. Crew cab, smooth ride, high level of comfort for long drives, quiet and peaceful. This is my daily driver but on rare occasions I do need a truck. Not an F650 flatbed rollback; just something to haul my car, move a couch, or get some mulch for the garden. With a tow rating exceeding 11K pounds I have more than enough capability to do whatever I want. And the coolest thing is I special ordered so it is mine. Nobody else test drove it, abused it, or farted in it.


Thats pretty much exactly what I was thinking. Not everyone wants to keep something forever like you're doing an endurance test for Ford. You get tired of the same vehicle and just want something new or different.

It's amazing how the older you get the more "quiet and smooth" become important. Laughing My younger coworker just bought a used cadillac this week and its been fun ribbing him about it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the new truck on Friday and is it nice to drive! Cool Good news is the rebates got better since I ordered it and I was given the newer rebates. Got to like that! The dealer also decided they wanted my Superduty more than they did a month ago and raised the trade-in offer a couple thousand. Didn't have to think twice about that! All in all it was a very good day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chevymad
Master B


Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Posts: 5477


1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us know how it all works out. The ecoboost seems like a good idea to me.. Most of us dont tow all the time so the v/6 makes sense, but its still capable to do it when you need it.

Diesel makes more sense to me if you are always driving loaded. Not the normal use for an average pickup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing is there is nothing macho about the sound of the engine. It sounds like a bumble bee flying around under the hood. Laughing But this is the quickest stock truck I've ever driven.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group