| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
QwkTrip 11sec Club

Joined: 17 Feb 2004 Posts: 3942 Location: Peoria, IL
1989 Pontiac Firebird
|
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:30 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Sorry, I'm a professional problem solver and it's hard to quit doing it when I'm not at work. It drives my wife nuts.
I do feel bad you are not being treated fairly. Proper documentation is usually the key to resolving those issues. In business it is best to be direct and factual. Just tell them the time card was inaccurate last week and now this week you want to review the daily entries for accuracy every day before you go home. If they hem and haw then tell them that you're confident it was an unintentional mistake (disarm them from argument) and that's why you know they would be so cooperative going forward (you just took control of the situation). Take a picture of the form each day with your phone camera (after all, your not naive). |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
QwkTrip 11sec Club

Joined: 17 Feb 2004 Posts: 3942 Location: Peoria, IL
1989 Pontiac Firebird
|
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:37 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Or if you're tired of my advice, then tell me the same thing I told Aaron tonight in a different thread.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:45 pm Post subject: |
|
|
I'm curious what their counterargument was.
Did they actually state that you were on labor for 25 hrs?
Is this a union gig? |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
IROCDave Member
Joined: 16 Jan 2010 Posts: 957 Location: Snohomish WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:58 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Typicall prevailing wage contract and non union outfit being awarded the work.
Unions arent perfect, but their is a reason they exist to this day. If your going to make a career as a carpenter get in the carpenters union. If your going to union bash, better buck up. Most guys that buy their card dont last through the first week.... |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
jchaussee Member
Joined: 14 Nov 2010 Posts: 1318 Location: renton
|
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:03 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Non union. They know exactly what they are doing. Unfortunately in this economy there are so many like myself that they know they can do it and get away with it because at this point in time there are not a lot of framing jobs. So its either bend over and take it or don't eat. I haven't even brought itvup to them. They know what they are doing. I am afraid if I do they will either fire me or treat me so bad I quit and don't get to draw unemployment. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:19 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| IROCDave wrote: | | union bash |
Not at all, Dave. I merely asked to confirm my earlier suspicion that it was a non-union job. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|