| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
Al Hasse Member

Joined: 19 Nov 2005 Posts: 4379 Location: Bremerton, WA
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:32 am Post subject: |
|
|
Continued...
Yet another day at Aaron's shop. I bought Paul's scatter shield and adapter plate for my future transmission swap and put the scatter shield in.
We ran into a couple of issues we had to overcome. First, my builder drove the alignment dowels too far into the engine block to be of any real use, the worst of the two we were able to move out to be acceptable, the other has the oil filter and pressure sender in the way as well as the header to get anything behind it to push it out. We figured we would be OK because my input shaft already had a small amount of play in it, but did our best at aligning it.
My pilot bearing was shot, my vibration when I reached 70mph. I used a bearing instead of a bushing because my parts store didn't have a bushing at the time - I probably messed it up on installing the transmission, the input shaft looked OK though.
After doing our best at aligning the housing and reinstalling the clutch, we found out that the transmission-to-bell housing bolts required are different than stock. After a long while searching the shop for some bolts, we found some that will work until I replace them with the combination hex/torx that the stock bolts are.
Scatter shield installed and awaiting transmission to mate to it...
All installed, just needing to tighten a few bolts...
A look at the collector flange fix done by Stan's, the flange wasn't meant for a gasket and due to being warped, wouldn't seal with the hardware it was meant for. A new double flange fixed the issue...
The rest of my custom Y-pipe...
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
iansane Member

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 Posts: 5742 Location: Bothell
1991 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:02 pm Post subject: |
|
|
I vote Aaron's shop should be dubbed, "Mountain Man Motors"
Looking good, Al! The Camaro's undercarriage looks like a hi-po machine! _________________
| Quote: | | Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth. |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
chevymad Master B
Joined: 11 Jan 2004 Posts: 5477
1987 Pontiac Formula
|
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:13 pm Post subject: |
|
|
3M?
Allready have the SSS Skamokawa Speed Shop. Everything good comes in 3s.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
RSFreak The other "John"

Joined: 23 Jan 2004 Posts: 2946 Location: Renton
1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:50 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Looking good Al!  _________________ '86 Trans Am - 5.0L TPI - LT1 cam - 700R4 - WS6
'85 Camaro Berlinetta - IROC clone
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|