Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carb & emissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never needed more than one bottle because I run the tank down to maybe a gallon or two left. Plus you can buy it at any corner auto store. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fiveoformula
Member


Joined: 08 Aug 2007
Posts: 1799
Location: OR

1988 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'll have to try some additive I suppose, this car had been sitting for years. Does anyone think I should mess with the carb?
_________________


'88 FORMULA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chevymad
Master B


Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Posts: 5477


1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got an idea there may be a problem having a carb'd car idle so fast for the test. I know with fuel injection people bump the idle up to clean up emissions, but on a carb if you open the butterflies too far you'll step out of the idle jets and start opening up the main circuit. This would cause your hc's to rise.

Anyone else think this could be a problem?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)


Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Posts: 9191
Location: Auburn , WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be. He'd had to look and see if it's opened past the idle circuit.
_________________
A redline a day keeps the carbon away!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
fiveoformula
Member


Joined: 08 Aug 2007
Posts: 1799
Location: OR

1988 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has burned up this tank of fuel pretty dang quick, and that might explain the high HC's. maybe I'll try setting the idle around 700ish. I may try some seafoam thru the vacuum lines and a couple bottles of iso-heet in the tank. If that doesn't work I'll have to get more potent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group