Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A 3rdgen built like I wish I could afford to!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jchaussee
Member


Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Posts: 1318
Location: renton


PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya. Ivread that dips%%ts thread on TGO. What kind of idiot puts that much money in a car without making sure he starts with a good base. First thing I dis when I got my car was strip it down and check for rust or soft spots. I then wire brushed all surface rust and treated. I did this to determine if it was worth driving till engine pukes and then I can swapvin a new one or sell car and get away from it. Didn't want to spend money on upgrades if body was no good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iansane
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 5742
Location: Bothell

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron_sK wrote:
Meanwhile he's trying to build some sort of squirrel cage under the hood to keep the strut towers from wandering all over the place. Ultimately the whole thing ended up squashed and headed for China.


I remember that part of the build thread! Laughing I tried pointing out that his "STB" wasn't doing him any extra good and I think his reply started out with, "Well, my builder..." and I stopped there.

_________________

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jchaussee
Member


Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Posts: 1318
Location: renton


PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love those threads. I asked a Guy how he filled his bumper in and he replied that he had no clue and that his body man did it. It amazes me people will pay that much money and have no clue about the methods or material's
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RSFreak
The other "John"


Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Posts: 2946
Location: Renton

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jchaussee wrote:
What kind of idiot puts that much money in a car without making sure he starts with a good base.


Hmmm... the name "Bondo Bucket" comes to mind... Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
jchaussee
Member


Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Posts: 1318
Location: renton


PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see if it was all for motor and you were going to trash on it till you got a better base. But he went all out on everything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I'll totally grant you that I speak from experience, John. I just didn't spend a hundred grand at the body shop before I scrapped mine. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DBL_TKE
Member


Joined: 28 Feb 2007
Posts: 1505
Location: Aloha, OR

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved Niels car, I've been following his build since the very beginning. I love the headlights, wheels, widebody, door handles, paint, engine. I could go on. I fail to understand how some of you guys don't like it.
_________________
Richmond 3.73 posi| 36/24 sway bars | SLP LM2 | Koni's | Ground Control 800/200 | Y2K wheels | Dyno Don headers & Y-pipe | airfoil | BBK underdrive pulleys | Raised strut mounts | Extended ball joints | LCARB'S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
blue89
Member


Joined: 23 May 2006
Posts: 3482
Location: Bellingham/Eugene

1986 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the tgo thread?

People do whatever they want to do. However, it was a waste for him to spend all that money on a shot chassis. Kinda sad it got cut up without putting all the bolt ons in another shell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
91RSVert
Member


Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 2736
Location: AR

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue89 wrote:
. Kinda sad it got cut up without putting all the bolt ons in another shell.


Ive seen bits n pieces of that thread. He did start building another car IIRC.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IROCDave
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 957
Location: Snohomish WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QwkTrip wrote:
My only secret is that I don't buy boats. Razz Very Happy


Lol, smart man!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DBL_TKE
Member


Joined: 28 Feb 2007
Posts: 1505
Location: Aloha, OR

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has started over with a new shell.

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/body/386427-phase-i-done-phase.html

_________________
Richmond 3.73 posi| 36/24 sway bars | SLP LM2 | Koni's | Ground Control 800/200 | Y2K wheels | Dyno Don headers & Y-pipe | airfoil | BBK underdrive pulleys | Raised strut mounts | Extended ball joints | LCARB'S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RSFreak
The other "John"


Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Posts: 2946
Location: Renton

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue89 wrote:
it was a waste for him to spend all that money on a shot chassis


Seems like he wasn't hurting for money. Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group