| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
Twilightoptics Hardcore (12sec Club)

Joined: 13 Jan 2004 Posts: 9191 Location: Auburn , WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:32 am Post subject: |
|
|
Got a dog sitter, so ill be heading up after I get off work at 7. _________________ A redline a day keeps the carbon away! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Dewey316 The Lama

Joined: 08 Jan 2004 Posts: 7295 Location: Bringing the tech
1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:19 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Man, it was good to see everyon last night! Jake, don't forget to plan that Crewbie Hawaii Gathering.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
RSFreak The other "John"

Joined: 23 Jan 2004 Posts: 2946 Location: Renton
1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:35 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Good to see y'all and hoist a few brews! Hope everyone made it home safe!  _________________ '86 Trans Am - 5.0L TPI - LT1 cam - 700R4 - WS6
'85 Camaro Berlinetta - IROC clone
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Al Hasse Member

Joined: 19 Nov 2005 Posts: 4379 Location: Bremerton, WA
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:58 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Good to see Jake and the rest who could come. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Twilightoptics Hardcore (12sec Club)

Joined: 13 Jan 2004 Posts: 9191 Location: Auburn , WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:14 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Excellent meet up! _________________ A redline a day keeps the carbon away! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Alphius Peanut

Joined: 05 Sep 2006 Posts: 2429 Location: Grand Mound
1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
|
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:23 pm Post subject: |
|
|
I had an awesome time! Good to see you all.
The pizza was good too, first time at The Rock.  _________________ 84 Camaro Z28 - LS1/T56
85 Silverado - Low and Slow |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:49 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Alphius wrote: | I had an awesome time! Good to see you all.
The pizza was good too, first time at The Rock.  |
No pizza bars in Chehalis, huh?
I really enjoyed the meet. It's a nice filler gathering since dyno will be so late this year.
BTW it is one hour and five minutes driving from Ian's house to mine. I have no idea how it takes John 45 minutes from Renton.
On my way back I did pass some slow-driving Oregonians. That might have been a sway bar issue though.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
RSFreak The other "John"

Joined: 23 Jan 2004 Posts: 2946 Location: Renton
1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:03 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Turns out it was only 20 minutes, but we were able to use the car pool lane or it would have taken longer. _________________ '86 Trans Am - 5.0L TPI - LT1 cam - 700R4 - WS6
'85 Camaro Berlinetta - IROC clone
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Twilightoptics Hardcore (12sec Club)

Joined: 13 Jan 2004 Posts: 9191 Location: Auburn , WA
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:34 am Post subject: |
|
|
20min? WTF are you smokin?
It took 32min from my work which is just north west of renton..... _________________ A redline a day keeps the carbon away! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
jchaussee Member
Joined: 14 Nov 2010 Posts: 1318 Location: renton
|
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:40 am Post subject: |
|
|
| That is pretty close to right with no traffic. Only took me thirty and I live further up hill then john. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Dewey316 The Lama

Joined: 08 Jan 2004 Posts: 7295 Location: Bringing the tech
1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:46 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| aaron_sK wrote: | On my way back I did pass some slow-driving Oregonians. That might have been a sway bar issue though.  |
Haha, I bet we were not in the left lane though! I was trying to make the trip without any achievement awards. I made pretty good time getting home though, I was home before 3. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:38 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Nope.
You were in the right lane on 405 coming up on 167. I passed you in the far left lane then got over and took the exit onto the 167. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
iansane Member

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 Posts: 5742 Location: Bothell
1991 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:21 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| RSFreak wrote: | | Turns out it was only 20 minutes, but we were able to use the car pool lane or it would have taken longer. |
I think the TA is still leaking pretty good. There's a rainbow in my driveway where you were parked.  _________________
| Quote: | | Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth. |
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Al Hasse Member

Joined: 19 Nov 2005 Posts: 4379 Location: Bremerton, WA
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:57 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| iansane wrote: | I think the TA is still leaking pretty good. There's a rainbow in my driveway where you were parked.  |
Could it have been me in front of him. I found a bit of tranny fluid (about a 3" puddle) in the bay at the hobby shop when I replaced my wheel bearings. We put the car on the lift, but no leaks except a very small one at the speedo cable. We could only figure it leaked with the front end raised - your driveway has quite the incline, too. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
iansane Member

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 Posts: 5742 Location: Bothell
1991 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:35 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| I doubt it. The spot was way down the driveway and no trail up to the front. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
aaron_sK Member
Joined: 23 Jan 2006 Posts: 8834 Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton
1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
|
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:12 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| John's car has been leaking oil down the back of the engine for awhile now. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Al Hasse Member

Joined: 19 Nov 2005 Posts: 4379 Location: Bremerton, WA
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:41 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Didn't think it was me, just wanted to be sure. Only real leak I have is the high side power steering line. I have the hose - just haven't put it on yet... |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
RSFreak The other "John"

Joined: 23 Jan 2004 Posts: 2946 Location: Renton
1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:36 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Yeah, it was the T/A. Sorry. I gotta pull the intake and re-seal it.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
iansane Member

Joined: 16 Jan 2004 Posts: 5742 Location: Bothell
1991 Pontiac Trans Am
|
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:51 pm Post subject: |
|
|
No worries duder! The bmw leaks like crazy and it confused me because that spot was on the wrong side of the driveway. Just wanted to make sure you knew! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
83Z28BlackBetty Bam-Ba-Lam

Joined: 13 Mar 2006 Posts: 2083 Location: Aloha
1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
|
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:26 am Post subject: |
|
|
Well we made it back home to texas. It was great to see everyone, makes me miss the pnw even more! I had an awesome time getting to have semi intelligent technical conversation with semi intelligent dudes! HAHA The tech topics we have down here are like, My AC isn't working again, how do i fix it...
And John, Aloha Cows 2013?
~JAKE _________________ 1983 Z-28 5.7 LT1, T56, Headman headers, BW 9 Bolt Posi Disc, WS6 suspension
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|