Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

custom exhaust
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Alphius
Peanut


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 2429
Location: Grand Mound

1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an SLP LM1 on my '94 Z28 and it was deafeningly loud, but sounded good. I heard that they made the LM2 quite a bit quieter which may be a good thing. Very Happy
_________________
84 Camaro Z28 - LS1/T56
85 Silverado - Low and Slow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one sounds good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry5m7fwjZfY&feature=autoplay&list=FLm_QbeQ0hLRvP_dd1yk2D5A&lf=mh_lolz&playnext=1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
83Z28BlackBetty
Bam-Ba-Lam


Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Posts: 2083
Location: Aloha

1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of how the exhaust sounds depends on the motor itself. I swear my car was louder with the tbi 305 and actually got quieter after I swapped in the lt1 350. Sometimes I wish it were louder, but my wife already hates riding around on it with it as loud as it is. I have a stock lt1, hedman headers, true dual 2.5in exhaust, and dual thrush chambered mufflers.

My good buddy Dan, his iroc vert 5.7 tpi is way louder and meaner sounding than mine, he has some sort of flowmaster on it. But who cares if his is a little but louder when I leave his a$$ in the dust at 6k rpm!

-jake

Ps, if I ever replace my mufflers, I'd go hooker aero chambers. Paul's car was probably the baddest 3rd gen I've ever heard. R.I.P.

Paul, did you ever sell your exhaust? Or did that go away with the rest of the car?

_________________
1983 Z-28 5.7 LT1, T56, Headman headers, BW 9 Bolt Posi Disc, WS6 suspension
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)


Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Posts: 9191
Location: Auburn , WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motor, mufflers, headers went into a four door converted to two door 55 Chevy. Wheel stands awesome!!!!
_________________
A redline a day keeps the carbon away!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, has he actually got that thing together and running?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BluFbdy
Member


Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Posts: 915
Location: Port Orchard WA

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's dumb 305 wouldn't be mine.would it? Lol I told you 3 isn't too big, I've got my edelbrock tes headers to a 3 inch y all he way back to a 2.5 flowmaster 40 series, bottle necks but whatever, once the pinholes are fixed it'll sound amazing lol
_________________
If you expect a kick to the balls and get a slap to the face its still a victory


Last edited by BluFbdy on Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)


Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Posts: 9191
Location: Auburn , WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron, he has it together. Its rat rodish.

Then he wrecked the front end of it LOL and can't get back to his place because of some domestic violence stuff!

_________________
A redline a day keeps the carbon away!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group