Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drum to disc conversion?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
algershick
Member


Joined: 05 Jan 2012
Posts: 69
Location: Kent, WA


PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find lots of information searching TGO on the swap. For the fronts, you are correct about having to have the rotor surface cut. You're basically creating a "hub" that the 4th gen rotors will slide over. You will then either need to fabricate or purchase a conversion bracket to mount your caliper carrier onto. The spindle itself will require drilling and tapping to mount this bracket.

Once you collect all of the parts, take your rotors to a machine shop to have the rotor surface removed. That's the biggest hurdle, and really the only thing that you can't do yourself unless you've got a lathe to do it in.

As far as wheels, I have read that there are a few 15" wheels that will clear, but 16's are a safe choice. To add on to what Leejo2005 said, 16" Camaro wheels should fit.

As far as the REARS, this is a write-up from TGO.
http://www.thirdgen.org/ls1reardisc

_________________
1988 GTA, 5.3/T56 in the works.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Al Hasse
Member


Joined: 19 Nov 2005
Posts: 4379
Location: Bremerton, WA

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jchaussee wrote:
Ill work on fronts too. I am just getting rears now cause it's good price. I likw deals. Will ls1 fit under stock 15 Camaro rims?


alloy wrote:
I've got 16"s on mine, so I really can't say for sure. Maybe Al can answer that.


I can't for sure either, mine are 17" but I suspect not. My space saver spare being 15" wouldn't fit, so....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group