Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spare Tire Options
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BluFbdy wrote:
I keep a gas can in there now


You drive around all the time with a gas can inside your car?

Smack!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BluFbdy
Member


Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Posts: 915
Location: Port Orchard WA

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuuuup I do lol I've been stranded plenty and I feel that I bought too many gas cans lol its not filled and its that store/pour style that's sealed, plus the drain holes in the tire well supply a good air vent in case it doesn't seal
_________________
If you expect a kick to the balls and get a slap to the face its still a victory
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait wait wait... you drive around with an empty gas can inside your car?

Smack! Smack!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alphius
Peanut


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 2429
Location: Grand Mound

1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case he runs out so he can walk to a gas station and not pay outrageous prices for a gas can. That would be my guess.
_________________
84 Camaro Z28 - LS1/T56
85 Silverado - Low and Slow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what he means. An empty gas can full of gas fumes is like having a little bomb with you at all times. Unfortunately, it goes off when you least expect it. Just ask people in the burn unit at the hospital.

So let me get this straight, your plan is to run out of gas again sometime in the future... walk to a gas station... but you're very smart because you didn't have to buy a gas can! Why don't you just have a plan to not run out of gas in the first place???
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BluFbdy
Member


Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Posts: 915
Location: Port Orchard WA

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QwkTrip wrote:
I know what he means. An empty gas can full of gas fumes is like having a little bomb with you at all times. Unfortunately, it goes off when you least expect it. Just ask people in the burn unit at the hospital.

So let me get this straight, your plan is to run out of gas again sometime in the future... walk to a gas station... but you're very smart because you didn't have to buy a gas can! Why don't you just have a plan to not run out of gas in the first place???


See that's why they're vented, and I don't intentionally run out of gas, that's not how I enjoy spending my time. Every time I've had to buys a gas can it costs like 12 bucks for a cheap piece of crap with retardedly high markup. Rather than pay for another one I just keep one its not all that complicated just like people who keep tools or jumper cables its a just in case item and it stays in a spot I never use so its a win win

_________________
If you expect a kick to the balls and get a slap to the face its still a victory
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alphius
Peanut


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 2429
Location: Grand Mound

1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qwk, I guess my leap of logic was assuming that only a brand new never used gas can would be used for said emergency location. The fume thing is completely obvious to me, and I would hope anyone who keeps a gas can in their car is only doing it with a never-been-used one.

It's not a bad bit of insurance if you're prone to running out of gas somewhere, as long as you're doing it safely. It doesn't add much weight if it's a plastic can, and it utilizes an unused space.

_________________
84 Camaro Z28 - LS1/T56
85 Silverado - Low and Slow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
91camaro_rs
Member


Joined: 03 Dec 2008
Posts: 1712
Location: Fox Island, Wa

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha gas can ftw remember when mine died in the good to go toll stall?
_________________
Photobucket
'91 Camaro RS 5.7 TPI- 700r4- 3.27 posi- headers- chambered exhaust-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BluFbdy
Member


Joined: 16 Jul 2010
Posts: 915
Location: Port Orchard WA

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alphius wrote:
Qwk, I guess my leap of logic was assuming that only a brand new never used gas can would be used for said emergency location. The fume thing is completely obvious to me, and I would hope anyone who keeps a gas can in their car is only doing it with a never-been-used one.

It's not a bad bit of insurance if you're prone to running out of gas somewhere, as long as you're doing it safely. It doesn't add much weight if it's a plastic can, and it utilizes an unused space.


Again its vented lol and the can isn't just for me I've had to save Luke and a few others before lol

_________________
If you expect a kick to the balls and get a slap to the face its still a victory
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alphius
Peanut


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 2429
Location: Grand Mound

1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vented just means your car is full of gas fumes now dude.
_________________
84 Camaro Z28 - LS1/T56
85 Silverado - Low and Slow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
IROCDave
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 957
Location: Snohomish WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an alluminum spare in my 87, pulled it from my mom's 87 IROC 5.7 before she sold it in the early 90's. It's never been used and I dont know if it clears PBR or late model brakes. IIRC, it's about half the weight of the standard steel spare.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
91RSVert
Member


Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 2736
Location: AR

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, if you have time this weekend would you mind pulling it out and tossing it on a scale for me. Also, is it the 10spoke, or solid?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QwkTrip wrote:
Why don't you just have a plan to not run out of gas in the first place???


You know how many times I have run out of gas in my life? F***ing never because I cleverly purchase it before driving! LMAO
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dewey316
The Lama


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 7295
Location: Bringing the tech

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron_sK wrote:
F***ing never because I cleverly purchase it before driving! LMAO


You need to live a little, and go on a road trip man. We have all done it when you go somewhere you don't know, and end up on a road with less fuel stops than you though.

So, either you lie and have run out...or you a p***y, and need to get out more often and have an adventure. Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I have driven up and down the cool coast of this country. I always keep my tank full. Screw planning for fuel "stops" if there's gas and I need it I'm buying it. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iansane
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 5742
Location: Bothell

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dewey316 wrote:
aaron_sK wrote:
F***ing never because I cleverly purchase it before driving! LMAO


You need to live a little, and go on a road trip man. We have all done it when you go somewhere you don't know, and end up on a road with less fuel stops than you though.

So, either you lie and have run out...or you a p***y, and need to get out more often and have an adventure. Razz


I've never run out either but I have had the pump click off while filling to see 15.4 gallons pumped in a time or two. Laughing

_________________

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron_sK wrote:
You know how many times I have run out of gas in my life? F***ing never because I cleverly purchase it before driving! LMAO


I'm with stupid
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
91RSVert
Member


Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 2736
Location: AR

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive ran out once when I was very young. Within the first year of driving. Luckly I was on hill where I could coast into a gas station and pay with the change in the ash-tray. Laughing .79cent a gallon FTW!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group