Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

got wrong headers so.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
flea
Member


Joined: 25 Jul 2008
Posts: 1246
Location: Raymond WA

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Aaron But Aaron.
Whats a straw then?

It goes inside the Pepsi while at the same time has that same Pepsi going through it.

Is it like sticking it's foot in its mouth and swallowing?

If you suck too hard on a straw will it flip inside out and disappear?

_________________
Killing mailboxes since 2009
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron_sK wrote:
Don't need no fancy engineerin' for that, Jon. Things go inside of a pipe and outside of a tube. Wink


It would have been more fun to just let that dangle for a while, you know. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could not resist the chance to stymie Jim.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flea wrote:
But Aaron But Aaron.
Whats a straw then?


A really long nipple.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flea
Member


Joined: 25 Jul 2008
Posts: 1246
Location: Raymond WA

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm Pepsi filled nipple
Smile

_________________
Killing mailboxes since 2009
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)


Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Posts: 9191
Location: Auburn , WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exhaust is tube, measured outside diameter.
_________________
A redline a day keeps the carbon away!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
jchaussee
Member


Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Posts: 1318
Location: renton


PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So in outside they 1.5 . First time I measures I used a square cause thats all I had in my truck. So my question now is, is there a way to rig or hack if you will them to mu stock piping.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jchaussee wrote:
So my question now is, is there a way to rig or hack if you will them to mu stock piping.


you fe pipe stock you will wel later caus hot chili.

Very simple and easy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jchaussee
Member


Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Posts: 1318
Location: renton


PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh?chili?? Mmmm chili.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Twilightoptics
Hardcore (12sec Club)


Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Posts: 9191
Location: Auburn , WA

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________
A redline a day keeps the carbon away!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO

You guy's are killing me with this. I can't stop laughing at this entire topic.


Flowtech headers have 1.5" primaries and 2.5" collectors with no air tubes. I am fairly certain that's what you have bought. You can get a Y-pipe from them that is actually a "t" pipe or you can have something built that isn't a stupid piece of sh*t. The stock y-pipe is worth it's weight in scrap metal and nothing more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leejo2005
Member


Joined: 12 Jul 2009
Posts: 466
Location: Kennewick


PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything else that's going on here...I have flowtechs with their y-pipe substitute. I hate them. As cheap as they were, they were a waste of money and time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aaron_sK
Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 8834
Location: Back in beautiful Tacompton

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had Flowtechs on my IROC with one of their "y"-pipes that was hacked up. The "y" was a bag of ass and I needed RemFlex gaskets to deal with the terrible flange warping.but the headers were serviceable for cheapo units.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jchaussee
Member


Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Posts: 1318
Location: renton


PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So basically hack stock pipe in. No. Have one made. Yes. So can anybody make me a pipe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jchaussee
Member


Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Posts: 1318
Location: renton


PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and yes. I should have just waited to buy better. Or when I drove and saw that they was sh%tty, not buy. But I have this weird thing that if I drive far enough I can't go home empty handed. So I have what I have.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jchaussee
Member


Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Posts: 1318
Location: renton


PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or better yet. Anyone want to buy a set of flowtechs??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leejo2005
Member


Joined: 12 Jul 2009
Posts: 466
Location: Kennewick


PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron_sK wrote:
I had Flowtechs on my IROC with one of their "y"-pipes that was hacked up. The "y" was a bag of ass and I needed RemFlex gaskets to deal with the terrible flange warping.but the headers were serviceable for cheapo units.


My flanges bang against the frame and rattle like hell, especially when the car is in reverse. The flanges leaked with the provided gaskets, and the first set I got from the part store. I ended up having to go with some expensive gaskets to get them to seal. I haven't really complained about them besides now. Afterall, they were only like $80 + $100ish for the bag of ass y pipe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alphius
Peanut


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 2429
Location: Grand Mound

1984 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I have solved my own personal mystery as a result of this thread.

These are FlowTechs:
http://www.jegs.com/i/Flowtech/387/11102/10002/-1?parentProductId=747651

These are Summit G9005:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G9005/?rtype=10

I have the Summit ones. I always wondered what brand they actually were, now I know for sure! I got them brand new from Summit a few years back when I was young and dumb dropping a stock Suburban engine in my Z. I bought them for $60 brand new. It looks like they have almost doubled in price since then.

Of course I still have them. Razz We'll see if they are good for any power at dyno. With 1.94/1.5 624 truck heads and 9:1 CR I did 280RWHP through them. This dyno I am stepping it up to aluminum 200cc 2.02/1.60 heads and much higher compression. Of course if they don't fit angled spark plugs or I don't make any more power I'm probably gonna go with a set of 1-5/8 primaries. But if they fit and make power, hell I'll run 'em. Very Happy They're not that bad.

I have never had any fitment issues with them. The flanges are straight and seal great with paper gaskets. The collector flange has Remflex gaskets and seals great as well. I don't recall if I had Remflex to correct leaking or just because I wanted them. I never used the FlowTech Y-pipe, I always had an exhaust shop build from the header back on all the setups I've had with them.

EDIT:
Crap, I think I'm SOL on fitting angle plugs. Sad
Jegs wrote:

Flowtech 11102 - Flowtech Headers Details

-Will not fit angle plug heads.

_________________
84 Camaro Z28 - LS1/T56
85 Silverado - Low and Slow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Garage All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group