 |
Cascade Crew Message Forums
|
| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
QwkTrip 11sec Club

Joined: 17 Feb 2004 Posts: 3942 Location: Peoria, IL
1989 Pontiac Firebird
|
Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:10 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Some more fun facts. Sorry, but I'm an engineer so I do consider it fun looking up this info.
1. Typical millionaire saves 20% of income and lives well below their means. 79% of millionaires have at least one account with a brokerage company but tend to make their own investment decisions.
2. 80% did not receive inheritance.
3. 2 of 3 still working are self-employed
4. Most have dull & normal businesses. Welding contractors, auctioneers, rice farmers, owners of mobile-home parks, pest controllers, coin and stamp dealers, and paving contractors.
5. Most make about $130K per year. The top 13% of millionaires skew the average very high.
6. Typical net worth is $1.6M. Again, the top few skew the average high for an average of $3.7M.
7. Most have an emergency fund to live a year or more without income.
8. They live in your neighborhood. They have 6.5 times the level of wealth of their non-millionaire neighbors. Could it be the neighbors chose acquiring possessions instead of saving?
9. 4 of 5 have college degrees. 18% have Master degree, 8% have law degree, 6% have medical degree, and 6% have Ph.D.
10. Most are a tightwad. For example, most this information was obtained because they were willing to complete a 2 hour questionnaire for a $1 bill. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Dewey316 The Lama

Joined: 08 Jan 2004 Posts: 7295 Location: Bringing the tech
1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:07 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| I did some pruning of this thread. I suggest those involved with the posts that got deleted heed Schultzy's advice, and change the subject, and take it up privately. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
RSFreak The other "John"

Joined: 23 Jan 2004 Posts: 2946 Location: Renton
1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:27 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Dewey316 wrote: | | I did some pruning of this thread. I suggest those involved with the posts that got deleted heed Schultzy's advice, and change the subject, and take it up privately. |
C'mon man! My post was funny!  _________________ '86 Trans Am - 5.0L TPI - LT1 cam - 700R4 - WS6
'85 Camaro Berlinetta - IROC clone
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Dewey316 The Lama

Joined: 08 Jan 2004 Posts: 7295 Location: Bringing the tech
1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS
|
Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:49 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| RSFreak wrote: | | Dewey316 wrote: | | I did some pruning of this thread. I suggest those involved with the posts that got deleted heed Schultzy's advice, and change the subject, and take it up privately. |
C'mon man! My post was funny!  |
Yours was. I axed it with the rest of the converstaion, mostly since you had quoted the posts I was getting rid of.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You cannot download files in this forum
|
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
|