Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hmmmm.... something look funny to you?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the cast wheels I'm seeing cracks all the way through the metal from the edge of the wheel (tire bead) traveling straight across perpendicular to the radius. No damage to outside of rim.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iansane
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 5742
Location: Bothell

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

120mm vs 120.65mm

I've thought about it a bunch and tried running a 19" BBS LM last year in BMW bolt pattern. I would've stuck with them but they were only 9" wide all around. Sad

CCWs are nice but 16" wheels are so 1985. Laughing

_________________

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.


Last edited by iansane on Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
iansane
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 5742
Location: Bothell

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QwkTrip wrote:
On the cast wheels I'm seeing cracks all the way through the metal from the edge of the wheel (tire bead) traveling straight across perpendicular to the radius. No damage to outside of rim.


Potholes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weak wheel.

iansane wrote:
CCWs are nice but 16" wheels are so 1985. Laughing

So tell me how much traction you have with those rubber bands? Razz

Seriously though, I bought some drag springs and I think I'm in the quest for a hard launching car. Need some fat and grabby drag radials. Big diameter wheels don't let me do that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iansane
Member


Joined: 16 Jan 2004
Posts: 5742
Location: Bothell

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No argument here, just telling you potholes and curbs are what are doing it.

QwkTrip wrote:
So tell me how much traction you have with those rubber bands? Razz

Seriously though, I bought some drag springs and I think I'm in the quest for a hard launching car. Need some fat and grabby drag radials. Big diameter wheels don't let me do that.


My 19s are significantly taller than factory 16s, running a 35% aspect ratio I get over a 4" sidewall. Factory sized 16s get a hair over 3/4" more than that. Plus I have much more width and length being a taller tire. Besides, I couldn't care less about drag racing, I have all the lateral grip I need at this stage of my skill level. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group