Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums
 
 GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lowering the camaro
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
blue89
Member


Joined: 23 May 2006
Posts: 3482
Location: Bellingham/Eugene

1986 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just cut the springs. If you have no intention of tracking it who cares. No one would do anything to their car if they did it the right way every time. Ride like crap? Don't think so. Lowering the car increases the role couple amongst other things. It might ride a little worst but probably not enough to notice unless you are on the stops. I've never bought lowering springs, I always cut them and I'm happy! I think I notice a harder ride with low profile tires than cut springs. I have Z28 springs with two coils out, so chop them already!
_________________
E30
86 RS - 7.4L V8 SOLD
89 RS - 3.25L V6 REMOVED
89 RS - 5.7L LT1 SOLD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
QwkTrip
11sec Club


Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Posts: 3942
Location: Peoria, IL

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1987_sportcoupe wrote:
Ps where do you get used suspensions?


Watch the forum classified boards. I found mine at thirdgen.org like in the first 10 minutes I had the idea to get springs. Don't forget to watch the LSx classifieds board there because people sell off failed LSx swap projects and most those cars have new suspension on them. Immature men that spend all their money on cars are the best. They get married or have a kid and BOOM!.... You suddenly have a big sell off because they didn't save any money earlier in life.

Springs are just a hunk of metal so they are a safe buy unless somebody messed with them. Shocks are more risky since you can't really verify they work properly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RSFreak
The other "John"


Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Posts: 2946
Location: Renton

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alphius wrote:
Dewey316 wrote:
For $200, you don't have really any options. When you go that low, be prepared to cut bumb-stops and such. Mine and Iansane both have cars about that low, but it took a hair more than just cutting springs to get there.


Comedy option: Cut the hell out of those springs, do no supporting mods, drive a lowered car that rides like crap. Don't listen to the haters. Razz


I'm gonna cut my Eibachs. They just aren't low enough! I need at least an additional 1" in the front. Wink

_________________
'86 Trans Am - 5.0L TPI - LT1 cam - 700R4 - WS6
'85 Camaro Berlinetta - IROC clone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group