Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone know about RC boats or RC controllers?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
izcain
9sec Club

1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Anyone know about RC boats or RC controllers? Reply with quote

Hey guys I finally got the ol RC boat out to the pond to chase the ducks around I had a couple of questions.

I have an older setup with mechanical speed controls ( I know the boats over 20 years old) and a 27 turn motor. I am upgrading to a 20 turn motor this week for the heck of it to see how she will do but I know that if I really want it to pick up I will need to tranfer to an electronic speed control to be able to strap a mo betta motor in their!

Any one converted from mechanical to electronic speed controllers before and how involved is it? I imagine it would be the same thing whether a boat or a rc car or airplane. I am just wondering hot this would jive with my steering controls and older transmitter.

right not it does ok but not near fast enough. I thought a water cooled setup with electronic speed control would be awsome.

1983 Z28 383 + 201ci more = New Heart for this season!
9.17 @ 148
Richster
Magic Fingers

1983 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea dude I did it some years back, I have a fleet of Modded to the wall trucks, both nitro (Losi) and Electric (Associated) 10th scale, and an 8th scale nitro Kyosho Truggie and more freaking gear then you can imagine! I may have what you are looking for in one of my extra parts box!
Here's something to look at, I had mechanical servo/linkage in one of my VERY old vehicles and converted it over, still old equipment but ball bearing servo that made a big diff.
To convert over correctly, it's all digital now I have spectrum controllers / receivers and electronic speed controller, it's a HUGE difference and works outstanding, no more crystals or possible frequency override by another racers controller.
Also change over to the mini hi-speed servo’s with titanium gears you will never have a problem! The cost is well worth it!
It's not bad on the price, they have come down and there are other options available.
Give me a PM I can weed it out for you!
Cheers

9sec Club

1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I upgraded to the 20 turn and it did make a difference but it sure didn't go a whole lot faster only a little bit. But then I found I was slinging a bit to much blade on the prop. So I have another prop on order in a smaller pitch and diameter which should make some more rpms to get the new motor into a better powerband

1983 Z28 383 + 201ci more = New Heart for this season!
9.17 @ 148
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: