Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yet another box arrived...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DBL_TKE

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Yet another box arrived... Reply with quote

Ok so it wasn't brown, and I actually had to pick it up from the post office. But the point is the same.

Richmond 3.73 posi| 36/24 sway bars | SLP LM2 | Koni's | Ground Control 800/200 | Y2K wheels | Dyno Don headers & Y-pipe | airfoil | BBK underdrive pulleys | Raised strut mounts | Extended ball joints | LCARB'S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Momo steering wheel?

Very Happy

-Schultzy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bAd DaWg 85 Z28

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schultzy89GTA wrote:
Momo steering wheel?

Very Happy

-Schultzy
In that box what else could it be Heh Heh... Thumbs up
65 Chevy sport truck
85 K20 4x4 truck
DBL_TKE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bAd DaWg 85 Z28 wrote:
Schultzy89GTA wrote:
Momo steering wheel?

Very Happy

-Schultzy
In that box what else could it be Heh Heh... Thumbs up

It could have been MOMO pedals or something Razz. I still need a hub adapter before I can install it. Apparently I can't use a Grant adapter because they use a 5 bolt pattern. I'm leaning towards an NRG short hub and quick release. Anyways, here's a few pics for your viewing pleasure.

Richmond 3.73 posi| 36/24 sway bars | SLP LM2 | Koni's | Ground Control 800/200 | Y2K wheels | Dyno Don headers & Y-pipe | airfoil | BBK underdrive pulleys | Raised strut mounts | Extended ball joints | LCARB'S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a good looking wheel. going to look good on the car.

Santa has shown up early at your place eh? Cool at Christmas time

-Schultzy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't know they had a black version out there. Looks good!

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
DBL_TKE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I finally broke down and just got a MOMO hub adapter. I couldn't find one that I was really satisfied with but in all honesty, the MOMO adapter doesnt look as bad as I thought it would. I really wanted an NRG quick release, but those are about $300 vs. the $75 for the MOMO adapter. Anyway, here's some pics.

First things first. The MOMO hub adapters are poorly made and don't actually fit all that well. There is interference between the back of the adapter and the plastic steering column shroud. You either have to trim about .25" off the column plastic, adapter, or live with it rubbing. I ended up filing down two little ribs inside the plastic and sanding down the plastic as well to minimize the rubbing. It still makes contact but after two days it has decreased. The hub is basically self clearancing the spot that rubs. While it's annoying, I suspect it will wear into it enough within a couple weeks.

Other than that, I love this wheel, It feels great. My hands natural resting points are very comfortable and it's not as slippery as the stock wheel. This one also has a smaller diameter, giving you bettering steering feel, more leg room and an overall pleasant driving experience.

I did not hook the horn back up though. I didn't spend much time on the install (did it during my lunch break), but it came with a little metal ring and several wires. It seems that I'd have to to cut the stock wiring off my old steering wheel and use that as well. The supplied metal ring didn't seem to want to fit anywhere. Ian, I know you have this same wheel and adapter, how'd you get the horn functioning?

Schultzy89GTA
M.R.A. (11sec Club)

1989 Pontiac GTA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks real good in there duder!

Thumbs up

-Schultzy
iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DBL_TKE wrote:
Ian, I know you have this same wheel and adapter, how'd you get the horn functioning?

Ya know, It's been almost a decade since I put it in. I actually have no idea. Laughing All I remember is ditching the beauty cover rubber button that came with it and shaving down a factory firebird to cover it.

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
QwkTrip
11sec Club

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That steering wheel looks nice but those metal rings have got to be murder to touch on a hot day.
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot day? It's the northwest. He might feel something uncomfortable twice a year.
QwkTrip
11sec Club

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, man, not on the eastern side of Washington! Even vinyl seats will leave brands on your legs. I'll never forget when I was a kid trying to get the metal seat belts latched in the family '78 Dodge van. It was like playing hot potato.
chevymad
Master B

1987 Pontiac Formula

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was just the flames of hell coming through because you owned a 78 dodge van.

But yes, there is a drastic difference between the Tricities and Portland.
DBL_TKE

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With my car being a hardtop and having 20% tint, the interior never gets hot enough even during those 90*+ days to burn me like my '85 did. Plus this one has A/C.
QwkTrip
11sec Club

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chevymad wrote:
That was just the flames of hell coming through because you owned a 78 dodge van.

Laughing My dad bought it new, too. I don't think my mom was happy. I remember those side windows that popped open and rarely stayed shut. And the dieseling after shutting down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: