Cascade Crew Forum Index Cascade Crew
Message Forums

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need motivation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: I need motivation Reply with quote

I feel like I've been away from the wheel of the trans am too long. I mean I'm still working on it, but not dedicating entire days or weekends to it like I was when I started the dis-assembly a few months ago. Actually, I feel like I'm just poking it with a stick, more than working on it. Laughing I've been working on the bmw more than the trans am! Wheels, tires, shocks, struts, spoiler, tint, and of course a brake upgrade.

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
aaron_sK

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehh working on project cars is overrated. I prefer to tow them around. Laughing
Dewey316
The Lama

1990 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serveral of us are proof that you don't need to hurry. Projects are supposed to go on for years and years... or in some cases *cough* qwktrip *cough*.... decades.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron_sK wrote:

Laughing Well that's obvious, you tow around other peoples projects as well!

Dewey316 wrote:
Serveral of us are proof that you don't need to hurry. Projects are supposed to go on for years and years... or in some cases *cough* qwktrip *cough*.... decades.

I'm not looking to hurry, just get it done within a few months! Laughing I tackled more than I should have this time. Oh well. It's taking so long that I'm already planning the next round of mods.

Quote:
Sometimes I actually think I'm slightly retarded in the mouth.
Al Hasse

1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron_sK wrote:

Almost came to that for me earlier today. All of a sudden, the car just died and we narrowed it to no spark. Checked connections on the coil - good. Moved to the distributor - cap was loose Shocked Last time I had the cap off, I was at Aaron's place and apparently, either I didn't get it all the way tight or not at all Embarassed When I lifted the cap off, I saw that the rotor no longer had its electrode - probably broke off when it struck one of the studs in the cap. Back to the parts store we passed about 10 miles earlier and I have a new cap and rotor, and now the car runs great again Cool

BluFbdy

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dewey316 wrote:

In my case my DD is my project lol definitely throws a wrench in the plans when you HAVE to have it to drive lol im that stubborn SOB that believes you can DD a project because it goes one of two ways either i pull off my mini project right the first time or im walking, ive only done the later once Laughing

Problem is everything has to be planned to the T with minimal to no problems lol

DBL_TKE

1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the feeling. I got into that same rut with my '85. I had so much to do with it that i started getting frustrated that I wasn't seeing very much progress. Solution? Pick one thing, literally one thing to do (a goal that is realistically attainable). That way you have more satisfaction at the end of the day knowing that you made some progress. At least thats how it works with me... Or we can just make a Tutu Bet Wink
Richmond 3.73 posi| 36/24 sway bars | SLP LM2 | Koni's | Ground Control 800/200 | Y2K wheels | Dyno Don headers & Y-pipe | airfoil | BBK underdrive pulleys | Raised strut mounts | Extended ball joints | LCARB'S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
QwkTrip
11sec Club

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad GET OFF YOUR *@#$* AND WORK ON YOUR *$!&@$# CAR!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
QwkTrip
11sec Club

1989 Pontiac Firebird

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the motivation you needed?
iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DBL_TKE wrote:
Or we can just make a Tutu Bet Wink

If a certain mountainous individual with typically excessive facial hair were closer to driving status I might have been more tutu inclined! As it sits, I think it'll be Detroit vs Bavaria and that's not quite as interesting. Laughing
iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QwkTrip wrote:
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad GET OFF YOUR *@#$* AND WORK ON YOUR *$!&@$# CAR!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Laughing Actually, I'm splitting time between surfing the net/watching xfiles and the PCM pins. I'll do 5 or six pins, walk the ten feet back to my room and watch read for a bit. Very Happy I'm working! Honest! Just not very fast.
IROCDave

1987 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ian, your lack of inspiration is caused by getting older. You also have a financial distraction, better knwon as a BMW Very Happy

It wont get any easier as you get older. Through a wife into the mix, children are soon to follow and next thing you know, your your dad. Always talking about the cars you should never have sold.

Trust me, I know how these things work. My car hasnt moved in a year and probably wont for another couple. However, it will not be sold for any financial hardship. I told Lisa that if we ever split up my car stays with me, to prove the point I put it in my sisters name. It comes up every once in awhile but I tell her the same thing. My car is MY car.
flea

1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iansane wrote:
I tackled more than I should have this time. Oh well. It's taking so long that I'm already planning the next round of mods.

Pfft.
Try the standard everyday 22 year old car AND building an airplane from plans.
Theres biting off a chunk.

BTW anyone know where I can get a complete model A engine in good condition?

iansane

1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my lack of motivation is from automotive ADD. I'm always dreaming about the next project. Very Happy

IROCDave wrote:
It wont get any easier as you get older. Through a wife into the mix, children are soon to follow and next thing you know, your your dad. Always talking about the cars you should never have sold.

Laughing My dad is a weird one. A collection of utterly random projects. 80s lifted wrangler with an ~'02 fuel injected 4.0+6speed, early 70s MG midget with a late model FI 2.0 liter, the '70 chevelle with a 406+t56; I think his girlfriend plays with a international pickup of some vintage... I think I know where I get my affinity for drivetrain swaps.
jchaussee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well beings you car is a vert and we have finally had two days of sun in a row, perhaps that is the motivation you seek.
RSFreak
The other "John"

1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gotta get that thing running before summer! After all, what if this really is the last year before the end of the World? Wouldn't you want one last summer of cruising the T/A with the top down?! Not that you need it to be nice out to cruise with the top down! Just sayin... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cascade Crew Forum Index -> Back Porch All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: